Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Barry Hall v Swans

Does anyone reckon this could be Bazza's last year? If he has decided to retire and the dogs are behind on the scoreboard, he may blow another foo-foo valve in the fourth, decide go out in a blaze of glory and start swinging.

I'm doing ok right now, thanks Danzar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Provost View Post
    Is great Hall is free to play.

1. He is still a loose cannon, he'll give away a free kick or two and be a detriment to his teams morale by constantly berating them when they don't kick it to him.
    2. No consistency in form, both physical and mental.
    3. A victory over the Doggies would be that much sweeter with him having played.
    Agreed. Watching the game, I felt he played no better than he did on all those average days with Sydney. Just couldn't get his hands on the ball and spent more time flapping his arms around in frustration at not getting a free rather than putting his head down and going for it. I've seen Hall create more opportunities for himself when he has put his energy into attacking the contests. I think that's now a thing of the past.
    Last edited by Danzar; 6th September 2010 at 06:40 PM.

Its an easy fix and almost every team does it with BBB, loose man in defence in-front of him. Stifles his run and frustrates him.

Veterans List
    It will be a strange run to the GF if we get there. We have to go through Baz and hope he plays 2010 finals like the 2006 GF, not 2005. And we have to hope that Schneids goes missing in finals again - rather than play as he did in the Saints Prelim in 2005.

I'm doing ok right now, thanks Danzar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Go Swannies View Post
    It will be a strange run to the GF if we get there. We have to go through Baz and hope he plays 2010 finals like the 2006 GF, not 2005. And we have to hope that Schneids goes missing in finals again - rather than play as he did in the Saints Prelim in 2005.
    Indeed!

And if we meet the Saints in two weeks then Roosy will be up against his old partner: Ross Lyons! I wonder if ex swan Dempster will be in their side? It could be Mummy Vs Jolly in the GF!

Suspended by the MRP

Thumbs up upper cut

I hope that the Rhesus Monkey gives big bad Potato Head a Rump Staker style uppercut?

Senior Player
    Anyone think that maybe the Bulldogs were foxing cos they had a few injuries and just decided to throw the game against Collingwood in preparation for this week ala Fremantle against Hawthorn in Launceston?

Quote Originally Posted by annew View Post
    Anyone think that maybe the Bulldogs were foxing cos they had a few injuries and just decided to throw the game against Collingwood in preparation for this week ala Fremantle against Hawthorn in Launceston?
    No
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

Quote Originally Posted by annew View Post
    hmmmm.... That is distinct possibility, given that Rodney Eade seemed a bit more philosophical, almost blas?, than angry about the loss the other night. Very out of character. I thought he was just shell shocked. But why would you rob yourselves of a chance of a week off to rest those same injured players? (that is unless Eade figured he did not have a chance against the collywobbles anyway)
    Last edited by agro; 7th September 2010 at 08:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by agro View Post
    hmmmm.... That is distinct possibility, given that Rodney Eade seemed a bit more philosophical, almost blas?, than angry about the loss the other night. Very out of character. I thought he was just shell shocked. But why would you rob yourselves of a chance of a week off to rest those same injured players? (that is unless Eade figured he did not have a chance against the collywobbles anyway)
    In my opinion the only hope the Dogs had to win the flag was to somehow beat the Pies and get a week off to try and rest some of their multitude of injured/carrying niggles players. Even if they beat us this week, there is no way imo that they can carry their injury toll (As well as Johnson, who frankly is a shadow of his former self) and win the flag.

Pushing for Selection
    The way that the sports people on Prime Ch.7 were talking tonight the Dogs are going to be lucky to field a team. It seems that every 2nd player is carrying an injury of some kind.Trying to lull us into a false sence of security I wonder?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast