Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Jesse White Vent thread

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Grady1993 View Post
    His role is to bring the ball to ground so blokes like Jetta TDL etc can kick the goals. If he kicks some, it's a bonus.
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple B View Post
    No venting from me.

He was directly responsible for the clever handballs to Jetta for his goal, TDL for the goal where he ran into the open goal in the 4th qtr and handballed to ROK for the winning goal (although I suspect he may have actually dropped it). Clearly earnt his pay yesterday, imo.
    Clearly that happened, a few times.
    But too many times one on one he was easily outplayed.

I'm a Jesse fan and he done good yesterday.
    In memory of my little Staffy - Dicey, 17.06.2005 to 1.12.2011- I'll miss you mate.

Afl.com Player ratings from the game;

Jesse White - 5
    Just the nine touches and a goal but some of his bustling and bodywork was important deep in the Swans? forward 50. Paved the way for a couple of goals.
    Swannies haiku
    Harbour with white swan
    The flag shall be yours again
    Destiny repeats

Had some good moments, but needs to show more presence as a key forward.

I could be wrong, but I haven't seen a passage of play for quite some time, where he provides a strong lead, takes a mark and goes back and slams it through the middle. That's what key forwards do.

The other stuff, like the little touches and the handballs in traffic are good, but is what all players are expected to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Chilcott View Post

I could be wrong, but I haven't seen a passage of play for quite some time, where he provides a strong lead, takes a mark and goes back and slams it through the middle. That's what key forwards do.

The other stuff, like the little touches and the handballs in traffic are good, but is what all players are expected to do.
    Don't discount what he is being asked to do - be a b ig body, take some of the hard stuff, protect the smaller more accurate forwards, provide contest. He is what you could call a Defensive Forward. The rest of it will come, and it might well be "one day", but in the mean time he rides shotgun, and that is his job in this team.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Quote Originally Posted by Provost View Post
    Afl.com Player ratings from the game;

Jesse White - 5
    Just the nine touches and a goal but some of his bustling and bodywork was important deep in the Swans? forward 50. Paved the way for a couple of goals.
    Those ratings were hardly reflective- our players were marked very harshly, while Carlton had far higher numbers, and on that basis you would have expected Carlton to have given us a belting.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Quote Originally Posted by Chilcott View Post

He would have done one of those yesterday, except that the ball dropped to him and he had to shrug off some unwelcome attentions from a defender to mark.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Veterans List
    Can anyone tell me what happened to his mark in the goalsquare in Q4? Around at 106 it looked like he marked and it was knocked out of his hands. But it was given as a behind. Did he mark or not?

Quote Originally Posted by Go Swannies View Post
    Can anyone tell me what happened to his mark in the goalsquare in Q4? Around at 106 it looked like he marked and it was knocked out of his hands. But it was given as a behind. Did he mark or not?

From 117 it looked like a clean mark that was smacked out of his hands, I and everyone around me thought Jesse should have been paid it.
    There were a lot of frustrated people after that call

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Primmy View Post
    Don't discount what he is being asked to do - be a b ig body, take some of the hard stuff, protect the smaller more accurate forwards, provide contest. He is what you could call a Defensive Forward. The rest of it will come, and it might well be "one day", but in the mean time he rides shotgun, and that is his job in this team.
    The traditional full forward who leads, marks and kicks the goal is , as always, a rare and brilliant find.
    Plugger, Lloyd at his best,Richo occasionally filled that bill.
    To believe that White is not doing the job demanded by his coaches because he does not fit that image is unfair. Granted, he LOOKS as if that would be his role, but it clearly does not suit his style and talents... YET!
    The man is only 22 years old, and lugging around 106kg.
    HE brings others into the game, his handballing is quite remarkable for a man his size in close. And he finds a man. His work yesterday was excellent, giving away a couple of goals to team mates in desperate circumstances.
    I suspect he would be in quite good standing with the swans coaching staff...Much more to be heard of White J.
    Last edited by royboy42; 6th September 2010 at 04:30 PM. Reason: as always...spelling

Veterans List
    Does sufficient to be considered a certain starter at present and occasionally does stuff that wets the appetite for more.

I think he will be a key fwd player from 2012 along with Reid and Johnston as the other talls.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    Does sufficient to be considered a certain starter at present and occasionally does stuff that wets the appetite for more.

I think he will be a key fwd player from 2012 along with Reid and Johnston as the other talls.
    Even over at BigFooty they were saying Jesse's first finals performance was better in all key stats than Wayne Carey's - at the same age. Now that'd be nice.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast