Quote Originally Posted by johnno View Post
I dont know, maybe I'm being paranoid here, but I'm convinced the Melbourne media here are doing everything can to get the Bulldogs fired up for a win over the swans this week with some of the reporting and articles going around at the moment.

As far as the Melbourne media not dedicating much time or credit to the swans, well this has been going on for a while now. I'm convinced its got to do with the fact that their own team they(media personality) support is not travelling so well and they've truely had enough of the swans doing consistently well, that they refuse to acknowledge it. Have become very used to it by now. What annoys me the most are ignorant supporters who cant think for themselves and just believe the tired old lines that most of these media experts churn out all the time about the swans. I mean there are some poeple/supporters out there who are convinced that we are still a bottom 4 side, you know, this year was a fluke and we'll bottom out next year...because they heard Hutchy say it 2 years ago. I mean for @@@@s sake people grow a brain. Watch a few games and decide for yourselves.

I kid you not, I was listening to some talk back, I think it was last night on SEN, this Carlton supporter comes on and starts to go on about how dissapointed he is with the Blues because they couldnt get over a team like the swans...because apparently, according to him, we're a very old team, with a very outdated gamestyle, not very good youngsters, easily a bottom 4 team who Carlton should beat easily each and every time. No bull@@@@!!!! This is a CARLTON supporter saying this stuff and actually believing it!!!

Does he not remember that we have won 12 out of our last 13 encounters, most of them pretty easily too. God some people just @@@@ me.
The fine line between undying passion for a side and blind stupidity is blurred at times. We all want to hope and believe that our team can win everything no matter what, but at some point reality must set in.