Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Elimination Semi Final 2010 - Bulldogs v Swans

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by nomae View Post
    i thought LRT was out for the year?
    Well they said he was doubtful to return, depending to how deep we went in finals, and him not having played a game etc...

Also reported that LRT was going to play in the seconds this week.
    Bloods

"Lockett is the best of all time" - Robert Harvey, Darrel Baldock, Nathan Burke, Kevin Bartlett, Bob Skilton

On the Rookie List
    Really looking forward to going this week, I feel somewhat relaxed about this game because we have achieved far beyond my expectations this year. The doggies are under pressure not to go out in straight sets and we can sort of have that go for all 'nothing to lose' attitude, even though it would mean seasons end. Another finals win would be just fantastic with a chance to have a shot at the saints, but if we lose there is no way ill be critical, it has been a great year.

Veterans List
    Who plays on Murphy? Geez that bloke is dangerous out of defense.

And agree with MSB that this game is more relaxed than usual for finals. I'll be nervous as hell come Saturday but deep in my heart I don't think we can beat the Cats or Pies in a GF. So watching to see how far we get - preferably with me proved wrong and a tickertape parade down George St - is a rewarding and unexpected ride.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Go Swannies View Post
    Who plays on Murphy? Geez that bloke is dangerous out of defense.
    Smiff?

He only gives away 1cm and a few kg's.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Kirk seemed to do a good job last time. In fact it will be interesting to see whether he reprises that defensive forward role he had in Round 21, or reverts back to a midfield run-with role.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    And who will mind Eagleton? Shaw?
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dimelb View Post
    And who will mind Eagleton? Shaw?
    I think Bevo had him last time, Shaw had Giansiracusa

And Shaw did a great job. The more I think about this game the more I think we need to make sure we don't drop any of our hard ball getters. The Bulldogs are reeling at the moment and I just think we need players in the Team that will throw everything at the contest. We need Jesse hitting the pack with gusto this week and we need guys like Moore, Bevan, Jude really throwing their bodies around. The Dogs with their injuries and fresh faced replacements need to know they are in a contest. Even guys like Lake are carrying injuries and we need to make them work for it. They surely won't be able to match us in that area. I think ROK should have rest this week if Braddy comes back in just to make sure they aren't thinking of dropping Bevo/Moore or White. It really should be foot to the throat stuff this week.

Veterans List
    I think it was On the Couch this week that said the Dogs had two different games, with very different stats, depending on whether they were locked down or not. So I reckon Nich will be absolutely correct. And I bet Roos looks again at ROK's tackle being shrugged for a goal last weekend. Great warrior but he's wounded.

Veterans List
    Forecast for Saturday
    Partly cloudy. Isolated showers. Winds west to northwesterly averaging up to 40 km/h.

City Shower or two.
    Min 9 Max18

Warming the Bench
    Looks like Shaun Higgins' is gone for the year and Tom Williams is in doubt. Higgins is a gun when he's fit.
    Last edited by Bazman; 8th September 2010 at 10:12 PM.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast