Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MCG tickets at the gate

Quote Originally Posted by Damien View Post
    Could be a much lower crowd this week, unless of course Brad Johnson's announcement brings them in.
    Why Damo??

Swans are up and running so the Sth Melb fans will come out of the woodwork.

More telling is that the casual footy follower who want to attend one final this weekend are MUCH more likely to choose our game then the probable blowout on Fri night.
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

Living in 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple B View Post
    Why Damo??

Swans are up and running so the Sth Melb fans will come out of the woodwork.

More telling is that the casual footy follower who want to attend one final this weekend are MUCH more likely to choose our game then the probable blowout on Fri night.
    Not convinced the mid range Bulldogs fan will be interested in forking out their hard earned if confidence in the dogs is low.

You may be right about casual fans etc, but 'only ' 65K for Dogs/Collingwood last week (I know weather was bad), is not a good sign for our game I'd suggest.

Quote Originally Posted by Damien View Post
    Not convinced the mid range Bulldogs fan will be interested in forking out their hard earned if confidence in the dogs is low.

You may be right about casual fans etc, but 'only ' 65K for Dogs/Collingwood last week (I know weather was bad), is not a good sign for our game I'd suggest.
    Yeah, the crowds were disappointing last week, even though the weather was obviously a big player.

Apart from the obvious reason, another huge reason I want the Swans to get up this weekend is so I can go to the Pies/Cats Prelim (presuming it's happening of course).

It should be huge. There is no doubt that Prelims have probably the best atmosphere of any game of the year given that ALL the fans can get a ticket to the game to cheer for their side, as opposed to 50K of corporates and theatre goers who pilfer tickets from the real fans on GF day with no allegiance to the participating sides.
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

Yeah, the crowds were disappointing last week, even though the weather was obviously a big player.

Apart from the obvious reason, another huge reason I want the Swans to get up this weekend is so I can go to the Pies/Cats Prelim (presuming it's happening of course).

It should be huge. There is no doubt that Prelims have probably the best atmosphere of any game of the year given that ALL the fans can get a ticket to the game to cheer for their side, as opposed to 50K of corporates and theatre goers who pilfer tickets from the real fans on GF day with no allegiance to the participating sides.
    I reckon there will be 40 or 45K there as such. Surely Dogs fans will be out in force in case it's Johnson's last game, and I think there will be a lot of swans fans there, as I think a lot of people are not only excited about what might happen this season, but about the team in general and how we have been going. That's without considering Kirky and Roosy's 3rd last game as well! (Well lts hope so anyway!)

On the Rookie List
    gotta love the cheap flights from adelaide since the power puffs and the cows aren't seeing any September action.

Apparently, members of the competing clubs are going to be allocated only 11,500 tickets each for this year's GF. It's hard to believe that AFL members and MCG members, plus corporates, consume all the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheer Squad View Post
    Apparently, members of the competing clubs are going to be allocated only 11,500 tickets each for this year's GF. It's hard to believe that AFL members and MCG members, plus corporates, consume all the rest.
    Each of the other clubs receive an allocation of 1,000 plus there's AFL and MCC members to cover off....so then the remainder go to the people who don't even care about the game...

I'm on the Chandwagon!!!

If you cannot compete for the premiership, it's better to be young and exciting than middle-aged and dowdy.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12