Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2005 Footy flashback - Willo talking about Davo the Cats killer

Quote Originally Posted by dimelb View Post
    No matter how many times I see it, it remains a spine-tingling awe-inspiring quarter of football. Watching at home we went from the depth of despair to the height of sheer exultation. It made Davo a genuine legend of the game and I can't imagine a future when people won't be talking of it.
    I was at home watching it too and lived amongst a maze of apartment blocks at the time. I wasn't sure how many of my neighbours were Swans fans or AFL fans at all and I soon found out when a chorus of screams rang out through every loungeroom around me. I'll never forget it. Not quite like being at the ground obviously but still a great memory : )

Nice anecdote from Willo. What are the odds of being injured in a Nick Davis tackle?
    The man who laughs has not yet heard the terrible news

Quote Originally Posted by ShockOfHair View Post
    Nice anecdote from Willo. What are the odds of being injured in a Nick Davis tackle?
    What are the odds of being in a Nick Davis tackle, let alone injured in one?

I'm on the Chandwagon!!!

If you cannot compete for the premiership, it's better to be young and exciting than middle-aged and dowdy.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_B View Post
    What are the odds of being in a Nick Davis tackle, let alone injured in one?
    Hehe. I got a good laugh out of that.

Anyway, that footage never ceases to make the hairs stand up on the back of my neck. I always experience that feeling of nervousness, that fluttering in the pit of my stomach even though I know exactly what happened. I doubt I will ever get to experience a game like that again. A brilliant individual performance, coupled with a come-from-behind win with 3 seconds to go - that game was nothing short of a miraculous.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12