Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Preliminary Final: Eastlake v Sydney Swans Reserves

At least the team can bond all together for Mad Monday now. Big send off for Roos, Kirk, Barlow, Thornton and Playfair.
    Last edited by Bas; 12th September 2010 at 08:22 PM.
    In memory of my little Staffy - Dicey, 17.06.2005 to 1.12.2011- I'll miss you mate.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    A bit presumptuous Bas?

Poor ressies.

Me and a little four year old girl screamed out lungs out - to no avail. Massive crowd. There must have been 150 people there by the end of the game. Five bucks to get in - eight with a record. Loved it.

Not happy seeing Brett Meredith with a hurt hip; and little Ranga injured himself as well.

Was talking to Brett and his parents during the last quarter ... what lovely people.

Funniest part of the day were the young kids who were sitting next to me in the first quarter (ok, they were about 17): every time MOD got the ball, they'd scream out "go Mattress". Hilarous name.
    Last edited by AnnieH; 12th September 2010 at 09:47 PM.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Quote Originally Posted by BSA5 View Post
    Devastated. The bloke who made me that really good coffee last week isn't here. The lady here today makes a decent one, but it's not quite the same.
    Yes, he was there. Bad luck you missed out - we even got flowers in the froth this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse Richards View Post
    Yes, he was there. Bad luck you missed out - we even got flowers in the froth this time.
    He arrived after half time.
    I got a heart!!

I'm special.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    AFLC

The Swans battled gamely to remain in the contest, but a constant stream of errors forced by Eastlake's tenacious pressure stifled any thoughts of a comeback. Swans Coach Daniel McPherson struggled to comprehend his side's implosion.

"We were playing solid footy, everyone was playing their role, working for each other, then dunno, everything seemed to change pretty quickly," McPherson said.

"Blokes were doing a bit of individualstuff and it collapsed pretty quickly."
    Last edited by ugg; 14th September 2010 at 11:16 AM.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    That doesn't sound too good. Players lost the plot? Coach didn't know what to do? I hope they revisit that together.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Sounds like he could have been speaking about the first game. Maybe they didnt want to miss mad monday.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567