Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Yes it hurts tonight....but thank you Swannies for a great season!

Quote Originally Posted by DST View Post
    I am looking forward to next year already.

We will have a new coach which should make it interesting , he won't tinker with too much but we are bound to be slightly different under Longmires guidance.

How much of an effect on our performances the last years of Roos and Kirk had on the team, will also be interesting to see come 2011.

We have the potential to improve next year with the likes of Rohan, Reid, Johnstone, Vespa, White to all push for selection as best 22 players and the return of C Bolton, Seaby, LRT and Bird will strengthen the squad.

Could see us anyhwere form 3 to 10th next year.

DST

i'm with cardinal on this. we could just as easily have 3-4 players go down next year who are critical to us and other sides will also improve. remember the afl is designed for teams to make a gf once every 8 yrs presently and 9 years soon. to win a flag once every 16-18 yrs. this was a wasted opportunity and one which we may look on as the forging of the next bloods premiership or the beginning of a long period like 1997-2002 where we made finals but never looked a serious threat....and seeing a preliminary final was something that other fans managed.

recruit me pretty please! Cosmic Wizard's Avatar

Smile

No we won't beaten by a better team, just feel we lost it, and that the part which really hurts.!
    Five points in the third quarter and Bradshaw missing a direct shot, really bad.

Still look at the positives. I think Our players learned more with two very close games, both win and lost, than they would have if they had been Geelong against Freeo.

I so sorry to see Kirky go, but a bit like Micky O, there was nothing left in the tank and he went out on high, better a semi-final than the last game of the regular season.

His position can be filled by many players, and that the greatness of the swans at the moment, unlike last year when we all though they would finish out of the finals for a long time this season and next.

On the whole, sitting in Melbourne Airport, we have made real progress toward the goal of winning another premiership. Just a few more players and better luck with our injuries and we are there.
    doof-doof

I am stoked with the season.....had 3 weeks of being First on the ladder...that was good..seeing Kennedy and Mumford and Jetta and Smith and Jack develop ..that was good.....two finals ..that was good...Bradshaw's torp..that was good....Ted Richards renaissance...that was good...Grundy's improvement..that was good....LOve my Swannies.

Devastated but happy.....yes it is possible
    "The Dog days are over, The Dog days are gone" Florence and the Machine

Now Satch, you probably don't feel so very bad for not getting on the plane.
    Will you promise to go to the Grannie and boo Collingwood for us?
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Quote Originally Posted by Primmy View Post
    Now Satch, you probably don't feel so very bad for not getting on the plane.
    Will you promise to go to the Grannie and boo Collingwood for us?
    You'll hear me loud and clear and will see me on the broadcast as I will be sitting in a Collingwood area..so I will be dragged off by security people I reckon.
    "The Dog days are over, The Dog days are gone" Florence and the Machine

Blog Entries
    I said it a month or so ago, A great year given the 7-8 senior players out of the team for most of the year.
    I'm a proud R&W fan and glad I got to see TWO finals live.
    Much more than I had anticipated.

I'm usually a quiet supporter, but I screamed my lungs out in the last two weeks.
    Go Swans.

Quote Originally Posted by satchmopugdog View Post
    You'll hear me loud and clear and will see me on the broadcast as I will be sitting in a Collingwood area..so I will be dragged off by security people I reckon.
    In your Swans colours I trust!
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Fandom of Fabulousness Lucky Knickers's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I've just got home from Melbourne and am feeling my usual flat disappointment that the season is at an end. Like Scott I am so proud of my team and my club. For everything that they stand for, the way they conduct themselves on and off the field, it makes supporting them such a pleasure. I love the wonderful fans that you sit with each week, the awesome people I have met through games and on here. Connecting with the Melbourne fans last night was excellent. I couldn't have had a better time and everyone was in fine voice.
    As for the boys, I couldn't have been prouder last night. They tried their hearts out and left nothing undone. They worked and worked all night.
    Watching them tightly huddled in the centre of the ground at the end of the game made my heart swell with pride and I'm so grateful that they have given us two superb finals performances.
    Last edited by Lucky Knickers; 12th September 2010 at 07:42 PM.

On the Rookie List
    long time lurker, first time poster... but just wanted to say how proud I am of the team this year! Definitely exceeded my expectations, and although I'm really sad about the loss, on reflection, I'm pretty happy with the year we've had

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pirouette View Post
    long time lurker, first time poster... but just wanted to say how proud I am of the team this year! Definitely exceeded my expectations, and although I'm really sad about the loss, on reflection, I'm pretty happy with the year we've had
    Good on you, Pirouette.
    Glad to have you on board and vocal!!

Regular in the Side PerthSwannie's Avatar
    Well after going to bed early last night and waking up still feeling flat then sulking around the house all day with my Swannie jumper on, I`m feeling a lot better now reading all the posts on here. I originally thought we didn`t try hard enough but looking back I really think the boys did their best. Bring on next year. And it seems there is an anti Collingwood sentiment on here but I for one want to see the Pies screw those damn Cats.
    Even Santa follows the Swannies.

Veterans List
    What Longmire needs to fix is our ability to have a lot more possessions than sides but slaughter the footy and let them back into the game. We need to be quicker moving the ball and running to receive and more direct in our play.
    Last edited by Nico; 12th September 2010 at 08:20 PM.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast