Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Paul Roos gone so break rule 1

Quote Originally Posted by Peace View Post
    sorry but this thread is horrible.

he played a fantastic game until he had to think about kicking a goal. he is going to be an invaluable part of our forward line development for the next couple of years.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Bradshaw presented well and gave more options up front than Jesse, yes he had one noticeable stuff up but still looked and did more than Jesse has shown in the past few games.
    Yep can agree with these two posts. I'm sorry but a key position forward is brought into a team to do two things - take marks and kick goals. Yes, Jesse does spoil and create opportunities around the contests but his hands are awful for a full forward. I won't be surprised to see Jesse possibly be developed as a key fullback however, seeing as C.Bolton doesn't have much longer left in him and will be the immediate fix to fit both Bradshaw and him in the side with Ted Richards being the casualty.

Warming the Bench
    it is interesting to consider how unlucky were white and bevan and what they might have contributed,but can you imagine how much we would have to talk about if lrt,c bolton,seaby and bird were healthy.how many "unlucky players" would there have been?
    anyone here want to volunteer as a selector and have the job of telling those who miss out?
    forgotten 1996
    2005 a much sweeter memory,2012 even better

On the Rookie List
    We lost mainly because of not doing the basic skills of AFL. Reg's dropped marks hurt us badly, Bradshaw's misses from 'Gettable distance and position", our slow short movement when the game was there to be won,our zoning was inefective. Other factors was selection of injured players (ROK) and rolling the dice with Bradshaw. I still maintain that the team that beat Carlton would have beaten the Dogs. However, I do not blame the selectors at all.They had a difficult task. Bradshaw was good but underdone with his kicking and had he kicked straighter we would all be smiling now and saying what a great choice he was. He is in our best 22, he played well apart from his kicking,we rolled the dice and it didn't come up a 6! That's life! Loved the games of Shaw, Jetta, Jack(early) and Kennedy.Thought Goodsey should have done more.Shame Reg who I rate was thrashed by barry Hall and made clangers when it mattered but that was his worst game for the year.He has been great up to this match.

I have always said that Jesse is a defensive forward, and he would have protected some of our slighter players, you know, the ones with the straight kick. I am not against Bradshaw, but the mob were used to the way Jesse played; however, that was then.

Next year is going to be fascinating. We will have so many senior players that canNOT fit onto the field. They are going to have to recruit kids this time, and build up the stable. There isn't enough room for more seniors, unless someone retires early (Peb? Jude? oh dear).
    Last edited by Primmy; 12th September 2010 at 11:23 AM.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

On the Rookie List
    Quote Originally Posted by UglyDuckling View Post
    had he kicked straighter braddy would have had 4 or 5
    i just think we need to play both white and bradshaw in the same team
    This

If Braddy had of kicked striaght we would of been lauding him for kicking 4 or 5 and probably being the matchwinner. He did well I thought considering how much footy he has missed. No excuses for those couple of very easy shots he missed though, especially when we desperately needed a goal or two to steady the ship.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    I see White as the F50 wrecking ball and Braddy as the accurate sharpshooter. We needed both last night and we didn't get either. But Bradshaw did play well, and was probably our best.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Quote Originally Posted by dimelb View Post
    I see White as the F50 wrecking ball and Braddy as the accurate sharpshooter. We needed both last night and we didn't get either. But Bradshaw did play well, and was probably our best.
    That is what I have been thinking. They would both compliment each others game.
    Does God believe in Atheists?

Quote Originally Posted by Young Blood View Post
    What a joke. 9 marks, 7 scoring shots.
    Ditto

On the wing
    Lots of players - not just Grundy - made some bad mistakes. McGlynn was indecisive in the last quarter when it mattered, Goodes was playing arrogantly and several times tried to do "clever" things instead of playing safe, a couple of Tadhg's kicks missed the mark. I was critical of the Bradshaw decision but he did some good things (other than kicking straight) including following Lake down the back pocket at one point. It was close we just needed a little bit of luck at the end. Very proud of the efforts. Liked what Kirk said at he end on telly, he was "gutted" and he said they just lost focus or some such at various points of the game (particulary last 5 minutes of the second quarter).

Quote Originally Posted by dimelb View Post
    Yes.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Veterans List
    In the cold light of the day after I don't feel any different. No doubt Braddy is a wonderful mark and fine teamsman but I don't see how we'll fit TDL, Jesse, Moore, McGlynn and Braddy all up forward. We need to find a structure that works for us for the next few years so having an injured player who can do cameos may be as destructive as it is creative. TDL looked a bit lost last night and he certainly didn't look overawed the week before.

Magic had the yipps in 2005 but came back to do some great things in later years. My understanding is that Braddy can't be fixed as MOL was but his hands are still about the best in the business. But I can't see him in our next Premiership team - and with the iron they should get from this disappointment I hope that's as early as next year.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast