Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: All Australian List

All Australian List

Don't get me wrong...

I'm sure that the majority of these players deserved inclusion.

But NO Sydney Players? We WERE finallists. Melbourne weren't finallists-but two of their players made the list. Was Jamar, in fact, better than Mumford (or do I wear R&W glasses)? Frawley's good too. But he didn't help the Dees stop enough goals getting through to help them make the top 8.

Hannebery was the Rising Star winner. AND he was a player in the Finals. But NO gong!?

Kieran Jack? A nobody?

I get the inclusion of most of the players...but Judd?

I guess I'm missing something? Our boys surely weren't THAT terrible. Judd's past his best these days.

Here's the bonus. This sort of bollocks galvanises the players and maybe helps to give them something to aspire to.

I'm happy to be eating sour grapes.

All Australian List

That Mumford wasn't there is a disgrace.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Jamar had a pretty good season, he and Sandilands were the only ruckmen that I thought had a valid case for inclusion over Mummy so I'm not too offended by it.
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

The list is a @@@@in joke. O'Brien? Taylor? Please. Mumford, Jack and Goodes should all be there.
    Damn that Sorcerer! Twenty gold pieces and I'm wankered on rohypnol!

we should have had atleast one Mummy or Grundy for me

Jack, Grundy etc weren't even named in the initial squad which is even more of a discrace. I think only Malceski, Goodes and Mumford were in the squad of 40.
    Gary Rohan's Number 1 fan!!

Penrith Ram's for U18's undefeated premiers!

Blog Entries
    Jack had a slow start to the season, before ramping up.
    Malceski started strong and flattened out during the season.
    Grundy too started well, but has not been outstanding in the last few months.
    Goodes has only been great in through the rosy red and white glasses. Has had a pretty average year in my book.
    Mumford, can count himself unlucky, as there are only 2 picked, it is always going to be tough to get a gig.

There are alwasy going to be people left out. Lenny Hayes would be miles ahead of Jack and he missed out.
    Big Pav is another that is probably unlucky to be left out.

In my opinion , Mumford was the only swans individually that you could consider for AA and Jamar smashed him when they met.

Jack only came really good in the latter half of the season and I felt he went missing a little bit in both finals when the game got really tight. Contrast this with Judds efforts in the third quarter against us and in my opinion you see a real AA midfielder. This is the level Jack has to reach, where he takes the game by the scruff of the neck and performs when it really counts and regularly.

Malceski has too many weaknesses for me to be considered AA and Grundy while good was not AA level IMO. There are a lot more better qualified players who missed out than our lot. Even McGlynn, if he had played a longer season had form while he was playing which was closer to AA than most of our other midfielders.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    It would be interesting to pick an AA team from the rejects - including blokes like N Riewoldt (who didn't play enough games), Bradshaw and McGlynn (probably ditto) plus those mentioned above - Hayes, Pavlich etc. Would give the official team a run for their money.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Did some research on the AA last night whilst watching the coverage that I found interesting.I posted it on twitter but here is a more detailed report,

In last 15 years (1995-2010), the teams that finish top 8 but no AA include 2009 8th Essendon, 2008 Sydney 6th, 2007 Collingwood 6th & Sydney 7th, 2005 Geelong 6th & Melbourne 8th, 2002 Collingwood 4th & Essendon 5th, 2001 Sydney 7th

In 2000 Brisbane finish 6th & Hawthorn 8th, 1999 Port Adelaide 7th, 1997 Geelong 2nd & Brisbane 8th, 1995 Western Buldogs 7th & Brisbane 8th

In in 2006, 2004, 2003, 1998, & 1996 all top 8 teams had at least 1 all australian inclusion.

The teams that missed out on an All-Australian selection but finished in top 8 include 8 Non Victorian teams 9 Victorian. Not good odds for outside Victorian considering there are 10 Victorian teams to 6 non-victorian.

Highest placed in the top 8 non AA was 2nd place Geelong, 4th Collllingwood, 5th Sydnry, 6th Sydney Collingwood Geelong Brisbane, 7th Sydney (Twice) Western Bulldogs Port Adelaide, 8th Essendon Melbourne Hawthorn Brisbane (Twice)

In last 15 years, the top 8 teams that miss out on All australian are Sydney 4 times, Brisbane 3, Essendon 2, Collingwood 2, Geelong 2, Melbourne 1, Port Adelaide 1, Western Bulldogs 1.

No Mumford? No Kieran Jack? Surely they jest.

Snubbed again. The swine.

shakes fist futilely

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Quote Originally Posted by SydAFLFan View Post
    Did some research on the AA last night whilst watching the coverage that I found interesting.I posted it on twitter but here is a more detailed report,

In last 15 years (1995-2010), the teams that finish top 8 but no AA include 2009 8th Essendon, 2008 Sydney 6th, 2007 Collingwood 6th & Sydney 7th, 2005 Geelong 6th & Melbourne 8th, 2002 Collingwood 4th & Essendon 5th, 2001 Sydney 7th

In 2000 Brisbane finish 6th & Hawthorn 8th, 1999 Port Adelaide 7th, 1997 Geelong 2nd & Brisbane 8th, 1995 Western Buldogs 7th & Brisbane 8th

In in 2006, 2004, 2003, 1998, & 1996 all top 8 teams had at least 1 all australian inclusion.

The teams that missed out on an All-Australian selection but finished in top 8 include 8 Non Victorian teams 9 Victorian. Not good odds for outside Victorian considering there are 10 Victorian teams to 6 non-victorian.

Highest placed in the top 8 non AA was 2nd place Geelong, 4th Collllingwood, 5th Sydnry, 6th Sydney Collingwood Geelong Brisbane, 7th Sydney (Twice) Western Bulldogs Port Adelaide, 8th Essendon Melbourne Hawthorn Brisbane (Twice)

In last 15 years, the top 8 teams that miss out on All australian are Sydney 4 times, Brisbane 3, Essendon 2, Collingwood 2, Geelong 2, Melbourne 1, Port Adelaide 1, Western Bulldogs 1.
    Where have you been all our life? Born to be a RWOer!
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast