Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: All Australian List

Warming the Bench
    Sometimes i wonder about some of you fellow R&W's. Seriously do you think Hanner's deserved AA?
    That is one of the most ridiculous things i have ever heard. Yes he is going to be a star but AA in his first year.

Mumford should have been close but you need to generally put in two good years of service before being recognised.
    As for the argument that we made finals so we should have all Australian players...sigh

This just proves we had an even team. I believe players like Jack, Grundy and Mumford play well again next year they will get these sort of rewards.

Quote Originally Posted by Plugger1300 View Post
    Sometimes i wonder about some of you fellow R&W's. Seriously do you think Hanner's deserved AA?
    That is one of the most ridiculous things i have ever heard. Yes he is going to be a star but AA in his first year.

Mumford should have been close but you need to generally put in two good years of service before being recognised.
    As for the argument that we made finals so we should have all Australian players...sigh

This just proves we had an even team. I believe players like Jack, Grundy and Mumford play well again next year they will get these sort of rewards.
    Well, if you look at the statistics over the last 15 years, the top 8 is exactly where most of the team come from and for the past 15 years no more than two teams from the top 8 have missed out and for five of those 15 years, every top 8 team managed at least one player. So , no its not automatic but it increases your chances. Hence why the top 2 to 3 teams often dominate the AA squad and also like this year with only 5 of 22 from a non finals team. The teams that missed out this year, apart from the Swans finished 9th, 10th, 11th, 13th & 14th.
    Last edited by SydAFLFan; 14th September 2010 at 12:51 PM.

Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
    Jack had a slow start to the season, before ramping up.
    Malceski started strong and flattened out during the season.
    Grundy too started well, but has not been outstanding in the last few months.
    Goodes has only been great in through the rosy red and white glasses. Has had a pretty average year in my book.
    Mumford, can count himself unlucky, as there are only 2 picked, it is always going to be tough to get a gig.
    Just what I was going to post.
    Eski got off to a flyer in the first half and dropped of a little.
    Jack was the reverse.
    Goodes was Goodes, brilliant but inconsistant (mainly due to the role he was forced to play).
    Mummy missed a few games which probably put him just behind Jamar. Unlucky but Jamar did have a very good year.
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

I have no problem with the AA list in terms of Swans players missing out this year. I would rather Mumford in my team than Jamar, but I can understand his selection. No others really deserved to be there, and I hate it when players get rewarded unnecessarily.

Oh well.
    No AA players for us.

ALL my boys are AA in my eyes.

Will make them try harder next year me thinks.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

The other thing to factor in is who you would take out of the AA team to have a Swan instead.

Take Eski as an example - would you have him in the team over Goddard? Nope - one of the best players in the comp. Over O'Brien? Nope - different kind of role but O'Brien gives good rebound from defence AND can shut an opponent down (Malceski's defensive side is severely lacking. Enright? Nope - overall a better year than Malceski.

Those are the 3 players that Malceski would have been competing against for a spot in the backline and there's no real argument you can put forward to include him ahead of the competition.

I'm on the Chandwagon!!!

If you cannot compete for the premiership, it's better to be young and exciting than middle-aged and dowdy.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Plugger1300 View Post

Jamar didn't have a good year last year and I reckon he only got going at least a third into the season and how many games did the Dees win?

Just wait until they announce the AA Team in 2012. They'll be no shortage of Red and White in that team.
    Occupational hazards:
    I don't eat animals since discovering this ability. I used to. But one day the lamb I was eating came through to me and ever since then I haven't been able to eat meat.
    - animal psychic Amanda de Warren

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12