Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 2010 - List Assessment

Generally a fair assessment and plenty to look forward to. From the players on our list this year I thought K. Jack progressed from good solid tagger to exceptional and was the most improved player on the list (not including recruits as I don't have as good knowledge of their history). Do You agree? and who will be the big improver next year? I think we have a few that could quickly become stars but from a few reserve games I have seen, Byron Sumner seems to have raw talent. I'd love to see him have a big preseason and earn a spot in the seniors next year. Would be great to see uncle Byron and nephew Lewis wreaking havoc. I'm ready for next season to start, it's going to be a long wait.

Fandom of Fabulousness Lucky Knickers's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    WOW. After many many many years we finally have an assessment that looks to be well researched (even if that is on RWO). Progress!

Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    It is imperitive that you keep refreshing the list. If there is a trade out there worth having we will be in it up to our neck.

The club that thinks it has the squad ready to challenge and doesn't make changes, does so at their peril.
    Agree totally Nico. The recruiters should be looking for as successful a trade/ recruit period as last year not sitting back saying it could never be as good. There are 3 draft picks and I imagine a reasonable amount of room in the salary cap to go shopping with and a few players I wouldn't mind seeing gone for a good trade.
    Another good off season like last year could see us firmly in the top 4 in 2011.

Well no one saw what the Swans would do during trade week last year. So who knows this year.
    In memory of my little Staffy - Dicey, 17.06.2005 to 1.12.2011- I'll miss you mate.

We have to make sure we keep improving our foot speed. Main concerns from Saturday night were probably Mattner and Moore, but remember that Keneally and Shaw will be another year older next year and both rely on speed as their main weapon. I'm expecting Rohan to play a lot more off half back next year.

I don't think we'll be active in trade week because I'm not sure where our glaring deficiencies are (given the state of our squad when fully fit).
    "As everyone knows our style of football is defensive and unattractive, and as such I have completely forgotten how to mark or kick over the years" - Brett Kirk

Quote Originally Posted by hammo View Post
    We have to make sure we keep improving our foot speed. Main concerns from Saturday night were probably Mattner and Moore, but remember that Keneally and Shaw will be another year older next year and both rely on speed as their main weapon. I'm expecting Rohan to play a lot more off half back next year.

I don't think we'll be active in trade week because I'm not sure where our glaring deficiencies are (given the state of our squad when fully fit).
    I wouldn't say Kennelly relies on his speed, it's more about footy smarts for him.

Reads the play very well and often when you think it's speed that gets him to the contest he drfited into that spot by sensing where the ball is going.

For Shaw it's raw pace and a straight ahead approach.

DST
    "Looking forward to a rebuilt, new, fast and exciting Swans model in 2010"

Veterans List
    We need someone else in defence. I don't have faith that B2 has too many games left and Roos was saying on OTC tonight that Reg and Ted were stuffed because they had to play the last two months with no let up.

For comparison, check out last years list assessment done by same journo & Horse.

Also for S&G, RWO comments from ~same time last year...a year is a long time in footy.

JBolts is a worry, he needs to be managed very carefully next year (and wear a helmet!)

Quote Originally Posted by DST View Post
    I wouldn't say Kennelly relies on his speed, it's more about footy smarts for him.

Reads the play very well and often when you think it's speed that gets him to the contest he drfited into that spot by sensing where the ball is going.
    For someone with great footy smarts he spents a lot of time running around in circles
    "As everyone knows our style of football is defensive and unattractive, and as such I have completely forgotten how to mark or kick over the years" - Brett Kirk

Adam Goodes vows to take Swans on title path | The Daily Telegraph

Quite similar assessment but I love the photo of Adam & Brett

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Sydney Swans Offseason Live Chat - AFL.com.au

Chat about the Swans season with Michael Rogers from 1pm. Not sure what his exact role is but he writes a lot of the articles on the Swans website.
    Last edited by ugg; 14th September 2010 at 12:50 PM.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Bump! just started. I've already put in the requisite question about Vez.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast