Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 2010 - List Assessment

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    Bump! just started. I've already put in the requisite question about Vez.
    Shouldn't have bothered, half the questions answered have been about Vez and Johnston

Bump! just started. I've already put in the requisite question about Vez.
    Yep same here. Sorry to cannibalise you!
    "As everyone knows our style of football is defensive and unattractive, and as such I have completely forgotten how to mark or kick over the years" - Brett Kirk

Quote Originally Posted by hammo View Post
    Yep same here. Sorry to cannibalise you!
    He gave a very interesting answer to your question. Or maybe I'm reading too much into it.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
    Currie said last weekend that he'd like to stay a swan.
    Everyone wants to stay a swan.
    Unfortunately ....
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Damn! Didn't realise it cut out at 2 pm, or I wouldn't have spent the time reading the thread. Put in a Q about Mike just before we got the "all we have time for" signal, but obviously didn't make the cutoff. I hope the club takes up the option of a weekly chat. That was a series of good responses - gave an opinion, didn't dodge issues, very successful first outing.
    Last edited by dimelb; 14th September 2010 at 03:07 PM.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Yep - pretty interesting. The Vez questions crack me up. I reckon Vez is even sick of hearing about them : )

Roos used to do a weekly chat a few years ago, he was funny as usual. I don't think Rogers is actually part of the Swans although he did give the impression of being a big fan.

Roos used to do a weekly chat a few years ago, he was funny as usual. I don't think Rogers is actually part of the Swans although he did give the impression of being a big fan.
    Rogers works for a company that is contracted by the AFL to write the articles on the web. He is based in Sydney and is employed primarily to write articles for the Swans website and the AFL.com.au

On the Rookie List
    Great article, I agree with just about every word of it. I was already optimistic about next year, now looking at the entire list together gets me very excited. We have quality veteran leaders (Goodes, Boltons etc), a future Brownlow contender (Jack), a handful of emerging stars (Hannebery, Jetta, Rohan etc). And the most important thing when looking at your list is depth, almost all of our fringe players have first 22 potential. Add to that any improvements we make this off season and 2011 is looking very good.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    I was struck by this in reply to Hammo's Q about Gary Rohan:

Michael Rogers: Hammo - no idea. He's put on three or four inches in height this year, plenty of weight and still leaves Rhyce Shaw and Lewis Jetta for dead in the sprints. He's a bit like St Kilda's Brendon Goddard, in that he will be able to play pretty much anywhere. I think he'll be of most value from wing to the forward 50, though.
    Another 3-4 inches in height translates to 7.5 to 10 cm. He would be 195 to 198 cm. If MR meant cm and not inches, Grohan (an appropriate title!) would still be 192-193 cm - still a very big boy, strong and very fast. Now there's something to drool over during the off season.
    Last edited by dimelb; 14th September 2010 at 05:24 PM.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

I found his comments about Ed Barlow, Matt O'Dwyer, Kristin Thornton & Taylor Gilchrist very interesting though not surprising. Along with Kirky & Playfair we could have 6 player turnover. With the concessions to Gold Coast resulting in a compromised draft, could the club get rid of anymore players and recruit with confidence? Would they be better of retaining their current squad including the rookies (minus these players mentioned)?

On the Rookie List
    Quote Originally Posted by dimelb View Post
    I was struck by this in reply to Hammo's Q about Gary Rohan:

Another 3-4 inches in height translates to 7.5 to 10 cm. He would be 195 to 198 cm. If MR meant cm and not inches, Grohan (an appropriate title!) would still be 192-193 cm - still a very big boy, strong and very fast. Now there's something to drool over during the off season.
    Rohan has incredible potential as it is, if that is true about his added size then he's even better. Having that kind of speed at that size is priceless.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast