Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: 2010 - List Assessment

Blog Entries

Exclamation 2010 - List Assessment

Probably a bit generous to O'Keefe, who was at least as inconsistent as McVeigh.

Sounds like the only players they see as likely to go are Gilchrist and possibly Currie. Hard to argue with those two, but I think there's warning signs for a few more than that.

Otherwise, a pretty balanced and fair assessment.

Pretty spot on

The writer must have been reading RWO especially for the rookies and reserves comments...or was the writer UGG??????
    "The Dog days are over, The Dog days are gone" Florence and the Machine

Quote Originally Posted by satchmopugdog View Post

The writer must have been reading RWO especially for the rookies and reserves comments...or was the writer UGG??????
    Ha!

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    I hope not! They've left out poor Chris McKaigue and Jake Orreal

Seems accurate assessment. So Currie is contracted in 2011, so possible trade bait. Missed Orreal and McKaigue.

So from the senior list we will lose: Kirk, Barlow, Thornton, MOD. Pyke and Gordon as rookie elevations.

I can't see us getting anything for Currie as he has had no senior experience. Vez might have some trade currency. Bevan and Big Ted, have done enough to keep themselves on the list.

Should be interesting if Swans do much during trade week but I doubt it.
    In memory of my little Staffy - Dicey, 17.06.2005 to 1.12.2011- I'll miss you mate.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Donners View Post
    Probably a bit generous to O'Keefe, who was at least as inconsistent as McVeigh.

Sounds like the only players they see as likely to go are Gilchrist and possibly Currie. Hard to argue with those two, but I think there's warning signs for a few more than that.

Otherwise, a pretty balanced and fair assessment.
    Currie said last weekend that he'd like to stay a swan.

I'd say that sounds about right.

I would have question marks over Barlow, Veszpremi, Thornton, MOD, maybe Meredith and Currie.

If we had to make the minimum number of changes this year, I'd say the first three are currently in line to get the chop. Because of the strong performance of many younger players this year, there's really nowhere to hide if you're not performing - especially if this is your 3rd/4th/5th year in the system. Of the "fringe" guys, I would say Teddy, Bevo, Smitty have done more than enough to stay on.

177th Senior AFL Match - Round 4, 2009 - Sydney vs Carlton, SCG. This is obviously out of date. I suppose I'll update it once I could be bothered sitting down with the fixture and working it out....
    Des' Weblog

Goes up to 11
    Fair article - I for one hope we have a quiet trade period and delist as few as required. I think we put together a great 2010 squad that will hopefully only get better in 2011.

Gets you pretty excited for next year reading that. Cant wait to see more of Rohan, Reid, and hopefully some Johnston and Vezpremi too. Jets will be better for a year of senior footy under his belt. Add to that an injury free McGlynn, Braddy and Seaby, the vastly improved Grundy, Jack, Smith and Kennedy, and a little more consistency from the old soldiers, and a top four finish should be the aim. Bring on 2011 !

Veterans List
    It is imperitive that you keep refreshing the list. If there is a trade out there worth having we will be in it up to our neck.

The club that thinks it has the squad ready to challenge and doesn't make changes, does so at their peril.

Veterans List
    Thought it was a fair assessment of most players. Make sure you have a look at the assessments of other clubs too, good reading.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast