Page 12 of 76 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262 ... LastLast

Thread: Swans Academy and player watch

Little article on Lloyd Perris: Teen Tackles AFL Dream

Quote Originally Posted by TheGong View Post
    Good to see the academy players scoring goals and being named in the best at the carnival. NSW came 6th.

Vic Country 12.6.78 def NSW 5.4.34

Goals: D Spinks 3, M Mattingly 1, J Bottin-Noonan 1
    Best: J Carroll, D Wilson, J Duck, D Spinks, J Bottin-Noonan

WA 1 14.16.100 def NSW 3.1.19

Goals: A Emery 2, J Bottin-Noonan 1
    Best: T Preece, J Carroll, D Wilson, J Timmermans, A Emery

NSW 9.8.62 def Queensland 6.12.48

Goals: D Spinks 3, J Barty 2, B Henery 1, J Bottin-Noonan 1, I Heeney 1, O Wetzlar 1
    Best: J Barty, O Wetzlar, S Armstrong, J Carroll, J Timmermans

NSW 12.5.77 def NT 4.3.27

Goals: D Spinks 6, A Emery 1, A Davis 1, O Wetzlar 1, J Mudge 1, B Henry 1, D Wilson 1
    Best: D Spinks, B Watson, I Heeney, J Bottin-Noonan , J Timmermans

NSW 7.5.47 def ACT 7.2.44

Goals: D Wilson 2, A Emery 1, J Duck 1, D Spinks 1, B Watson 1, T Preece 1
    Best: D Wilson, J Barty, S Armstrong, J Bottin-Noonan , J Carroll
    Good to see Isaac Heeney's name in there. This J Bottin-Noonan sounds like quite a player.
    I See It But I Don't Believe It!!!!

Just wild about Harry
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGong View Post
    Good to see the academy players scoring goals and being named in the best at the carnival. NSW came 6th.

Vic Country 12.6.78 def NSW 5.4.34

Goals: D Spinks 3, M Mattingly 1, J Bottin-Noonan 1
    Best: J Carroll, D Wilson, J Duck, D Spinks, J Bottin-Noonan

WA 1 14.16.100 def NSW 3.1.19

Goals: A Emery 2, J Bottin-Noonan 1
    Best: T Preece, J Carroll, D Wilson, J Timmermans, A Emery

NSW 9.8.62 def Queensland 6.12.48

Goals: D Spinks 3, J Barty 2, B Henery 1, J Bottin-Noonan 1, I Heeney 1, O Wetzlar 1
    Best: J Barty, O Wetzlar, S Armstrong, J Carroll, J Timmermans

NSW 12.5.77 def NT 4.3.27

Goals: D Spinks 6, A Emery 1, A Davis 1, O Wetzlar 1, J Mudge 1, B Henry 1, D Wilson 1
    Best: D Spinks, B Watson, I Heeney, J Bottin-Noonan , J Timmermans

NSW 7.5.47 def ACT 7.2.44

Goals: D Wilson 2, A Emery 1, J Duck 1, D Spinks 1, B Watson 1, T Preece 1
    Best: D Wilson, J Barty, S Armstrong, J Bottin-Noonan , J Carroll
    J.Carroll seems to figure a bit, too. Any relation to Dennis?

Is J.Carroll "Jake" Carroll? Because if so, he's a Swans Academy member too, and an underager at that (14 years old).
    Officially on the Reid and Sumner bandwagon!

Great to see young Josh Barty get a few goals. I was talking to his Dad and he said the boys should get a wake up against Vic Country.
    In memory of my little Staffy - Dicey, 17.06.2005 to 1.12.2011- I'll miss you mate.

Quote Originally Posted by BSA5 View Post
    Is J.Carroll "Jake" Carroll? Because if so, he's a Swans Academy member too, and an underager at that (14 years old).
    Jake is Dennis' son, and I think this is another J. Carroll ... still plenty of cousins down the Riverina way ... tragically, GWS territory now!

Under-16's top 25 - AFL.com.au

Alex Jalloh ranked the 22nd best 16 year old in the country based on Draft Combine testing results. Interestingly, he didn't make an impression for the World XVIII in the u16s, but I'm not sure if he even played. In any case, he hasn't been playing the game long (he was a League/soccer player, his brother was a footy player, and when his brother passed away he decided to take up the game), so it seems like he'll be a worthwhile investment.
    Officially on the Reid and Sumner bandwagon!

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by BSA5 View Post

Under-16's top 25 - AFL.com.au

Alex Jalloh ranked the 22nd best 16 year old in the country based on Draft Combine testing results. Interestingly, he didn't make an impression for the World XVIII in the u16s, but I'm not sure if he even played. In any case, he hasn't been playing the game long (he was a League/soccer player, his brother was a footy player, and when his brother passed away he decided to take up the game), so it seems like he'll be a worthwhile investment.
    That really highlights the fact that he is a very good athlete - which was reported at the time the Swans gave him a scholarship. He is still pretty small but at his age, that isn't a concern, and still newish to the game. It is exciting that we now have the Academy to fastrack the development of NSW kids who otherwise wouldn't have the development opportunities of their Victorian, SA and WA brethren.

Alex's athleticism has never been in question, but other things sadly have!

Alex has actually been playing AFL since primary school, when as an 11 & 12 year old he stood a good 6 inches taller and a couple of stone heavier than most of his peers. With his physical maturity, he dominated "junior" athletics, rugby league, soccer and AFL, and sadly drew the angst of many of his vanquished opponents parents, who constantly questioned his age credentials as a North African refugee. He is a Queen Elizabeth Trophy winner (for breaking most age records at a State PSSA carnival). Many of those parents would now feel that their doubts were vindicated since he is in fact still about the same size he was then, 5 years on (and one of the reasons that the NRL scouts dropped off).

So far as development is concerned, he has been a member of elite programs in athletics, Soccer, NRL , but mostly AFL since he played (and his school, or should that be he, won) the Paul Kelly Cup in 2007.

He is a seriously talented athlete, but I don't anticipate any massive "Nic Nat" growth spurts in the future, and he is at least as experienced and has had the same fast track development (if not more) as any other player currently in the Swans Academy/NSW Talent programs ... so just like all of them, he has every opportunity and his future is in his own hands.

Key 2011 draft dates - AFL.com.au

Friday October 7, 2011 (2pm) - Nomination deadline for father-son bidding selections.
    Final bidding nominations for Sydney Swans eligible Academy players.

Article about Lloyd Perris - selected for AIS Academy

AFL NSW/ACT: Home

Quote Originally Posted by unconfuseme View Post
    Article about Lloyd Perris - selected for AIS Academy

AFL NSW/ACT: Home

Academy member gets big honour - Official AFL Website of the Sydney Swans Football Club

Scrawny little bugger......you need 2 years in the gym Lloyd.