Page 13 of 76 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363 ... LastLast

Thread: Swans Academy and player watch

Hyphenate his name with 'Kneebone' so he will run faster...
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

Quote Originally Posted by unconfuseme View Post
    Jake is Dennis' son, and I think this is another J. Carroll ... still plenty of cousins down the Riverina way ... tragically, GWS territory now!
    Jimmy Carroll from down Wagga way, nephew of Dennis carroll. And he is part of the GWS Academy, played for the GWS U15 Academy Team at the U16 State Zone Trial, Riverview. Joel Bottin-Noonan is the youngest of the 3 Botts brothers, the oldest - Ryan - who was a Swans scholarship for 3 years, played in the Ressies for 2 years, but got passed over in the draft and is now over playing with Centrals in the SANFL. Middle brother James plays with Campbelltown in the SFL. Joel became a Swan after rezoning the TPP boundaries in 2010.

Noticed that whilst no Swans Academy players made the All Austrlian U15 team, Josh Barty was named as emergency for the team they selected to tour South Africa. Congratulations to Josh.

Jim Carroll from the Giants Academy did make the side. Come on uncle Dennis, get him to move in with you and join the Swans.

Quote Originally Posted by Triple B View Post
    or go play hockey.

Blog Entries
    13YO with stars in his eyes!!

MATTHEW Buskariol loves Aussie Rules so much he sleeps with his football.

Matthew, 13, who plays with North Ryde Dockers, was chosen to join the Sydney Swans North Academy for gifted footballers at Macquarie University this year.
    http://northern-district-times.where...of-afl-career/

Quote Originally Posted by TheGong View Post
    Noticed that whilst no Swans Academy players made the All Austrlian U15 team, Josh Barty was named as emergency for the team they selected to tour South Africa. Congratulations to Josh.

Jim Carroll from the Giants Academy did make the side. Come on uncle Dennis, get him to move in with you and join the Swans.
    You can read about Josh and the great Central Coast Club that he came from here:

Gosford Tigers Junior

Josh actually ran the water for the boys in the Under 12's Grand Final.

It's interesting to hear just how superior the Victorian boys are in their play compared to the NSW boys. Just shows how players that make it from NSW are very good even if there are a few on this site that think they're not. Like in our senior side.
    In memory of my little Staffy - Dicey, 17.06.2005 to 1.12.2011- I'll miss you mate.

Regular in the Side
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple B View Post
    Hopefully he will become a Super "Nova"!!!
    Red and white till I die

Gosford Tigers website says Josh Barty now in side to tour South Africa along with GWS player Jim Carroll. Looks like he has been elevated , great news for Swans academy.

looks like academies working!!!!!!

Josh Barty interview and story

Couldn't find the previous thread for the school boys.

Great interview with young Josh who I have known personally for about 6 years.

I hope he makes the Swans selection next week because he will play AFL one day. He is extremely hard working and highly professional in his approach.

Great accolades to his father Andrew who forwarded the link to me and brought Josh up on his own as a single Dad.

BARTY BUSTING FOR A BREAK : NBN
    In memory of my little Staffy - Dicey, 17.06.2005 to 1.12.2011- I'll miss you mate.

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    He seems very keen to be a Swan. Good luck Josh!