Page 26 of 76 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728293036 ... LastLast

Thread: Swans Academy and player watch

Veteran Site Admin
    Does anyone know what kind of player Mills is? From the little I've seen of Heeney he looks to be a bull-at-a-gate type, somewhere between JPK and Luke Parker in style and approach. Dunks junior sounds like he's similar. It would be nice if Mills offered something a bit different, like Judd-like explosive speed, or McVeigh-like classy use of the ball (or even better, Pendlebury-like classy use of the ball).

Or if Josh Dunkley had Andrew Dunkley like skills with the ball......

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Does anyone know what kind of player Mills is? From the little I've seen of Heeney he looks to be a bull-at-a-gate type, somewhere between JPK and Luke Parker in style and approach. Dunks junior sounds like he's similar. It would be nice if Mills offered something a bit different, like Judd-like explosive speed, or McVeigh-like classy use of the ball (or even better, Pendlebury-like classy use of the ball).
    We have a couple of Judds (Callum and Liam) in the Swans academy, I think under 15s. So still a few more years to wait for Judd Bros.

In the meantime, we can change the club name to the Sydney Bulls.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    So what you're saying is you hope he's not a run-of-the-Mills type player.

I have only seen Mills play at a junior level but he has silky smooth skills.

I watched some footage of him in action in the AIS match in New Zealand earlier this year - available on UTube. Pretty scrappy game but the current Swans player he reminded me of was Dan Hanneberry.

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    So what you're saying is you hope he's not a run-of-the-Mills type player.
    ScottH called, he wants his dad jokes back.
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    The next RAMS team has been named, playing Murray on Saturday. Paul Kelly's son Jackson is in.

In: Harry Dobson, Lachlan Hayres, Jock Cornell, Jeremy Finlayson, Darcy Spinks, Jackson Kelly, Nathan Cooper
    Out: Jesse Mudge, Nicholas Foster, Oliver Wetzler, Jack Campbell, Nathan Vaisey, Matthew Wilson, William Muir

Veteran Site Admin
    Does anyone know if Jackson Kelly is part of the GWS Academy? He's in their zone.

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    The next RAMS team has been named, playing Murray on Saturday. Paul Kelly's son Jackson is in.

In: Harry Dobson, Lachlan Hayres, Jock Cornell, Jeremy Finlayson, Darcy Spinks, Jackson Kelly, Nathan Cooper
    Out: Jesse Mudge, Nicholas Foster, Oliver Wetzler, Jack Campbell, Nathan Vaisey, Matthew Wilson, William Muir
    So if we draft Callum Mills, do we expect Jordan Lockyer to hand over his jumper number???
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

Does anyone know if Jackson Kelly is part of the GWS Academy? He's in their zone.
    And if so, does the father/son rule still apply?

Who gets first dibbs?
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by ernie koala View Post
    And if so, does the father/son rule still apply?

Who gets first dibbs?
    I imagine the Academy would trump, given they would be investing in his development. But we don't really know how draftable he is. Paul Roos older son played for the U18 Rams last year (or the year before?) but his name was never thrown up as being in serious draft contention.