Page 3 of 76 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

Thread: Swans Academy and player watch

A full list of Academy players can now be found here:

QBE Sydney Swans Academy Players - Official Website of the Sydney Swans Football Club

Worth noting is that Mitch May, who as far as I know hasn't been spotted at training yet while Lynch, Guthrie and Potter have, is still around and included on the list. A few other recognisable names in another Jack, and a couple of Rooses.

EDIT: And now I see somebody beat me to it in another thread. Oh well, merge threads?
    Last edited by BSA5; 19th December 2010 at 12:34 AM.
    Officially on the Reid and Sumner bandwagon!

Veteran Site Admin
    Also a Nicholas Blakey. No idea if any relation but in the right geographical area given he's at the same club as a Roos and a Bradshaw.

Blakey, Roos, Jack - nepotism or just great genes and our good luck?

Brandon stamped his papers saying he wanted to take after big brother rather than dad some time ago. Middle brother is going to take on the family business I understand.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Veteran Site Admin
    I thought middle brother was on the Canterbury Bulldogs list.

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    I thought middle brother was on the Canterbury Bulldogs list.
    That's what I meant Liz. The family business of rugby league.
    Last edited by Primmy; 19th December 2010 at 10:13 PM.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Quote Originally Posted by Bas View Post
    Another black sheep in the Jack family.
    Quote Originally Posted by Primmy View Post
    Blakey, Roos, Jack - nepotism or just great genes and our good luck?

Brandon stamped his papers saying he wanted to take after big brother rather than dad some time ago. Middle brother is going to take on the family business I understand.
    Don't think dad would be too upset after his eldest boys stunning success in his code of choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Jewels View Post
    Don't think dad would be too upset after his eldest boys stunning success in his code of choice.
    Dead right there Jewels. Sitting one table over at the B&F and the look on his face - and as for his Mum's (she is some looker by the way) she had the mobile phone up and someone was listening on the other end. Thought they would bust a collective poofle valve!

Kiz and Gary have a real double act going, they feed off each other, and its grand to see the depth of bloke affection involved.
    Last edited by Primmy; 19th December 2010 at 10:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Primmy View Post
    Kiz and Gary have a real double act going, they feed of each other, and its grand to see the depth of bloke affection involved.
    Primmy, it's not bloke affection but the powerful bond between father and son. The reason why Kieren has turned out to be an outstanding young man. I'm sure his brothers are the same.

If more father's took time to pay interest and bond with their son's (and daughters) the world would be a much better place.
    In memory of my little Staffy - Dicey, 17.06.2005 to 1.12.2011- I'll miss you mate.

The players listed from Gosford are in fact from the Gosford Tigers. As were Jay Lewis and James Webster who were U16's scholarship. James was given a scholarship by the Bombers and has been rookie listed for next year. So an outstanding achievement for a very nice, polite young man.

The boys listed from our Club, ie Gosford Tigers should go a long way as they are all very good. Not just as players but have great character. Keep an eye on young Josh Barty. Played in this years U14's GF's losing team to KIllarney Vale Bombers (McVeigh's boys original Club) but the young kid is already over 6ft and still growing. He gets taller every time I see him. I have no doubt he will play in the firsts and I'm glad he is under our Academy.

Our website is Gosford Tigers Junior .
    Last edited by Bas; 19th December 2010 at 03:54 PM.
    In memory of my little Staffy - Dicey, 17.06.2005 to 1.12.2011- I'll miss you mate.

Most of the u/17 & u/18 Academy & Scholarship members have been named for u/18 State Zone Trials at Coff Harbour 16-20 Jan.

Guthrie, Kenny, Roos, Green (South)
    Potter, Lynch, Wray, Robinson, Jack, Prior, Kilpatrick (North)
    Crawford (Northern Coast)
    May (ACT/South Coast)

Squads are listed at the AFL NSW/ACT website (can't seem to copy a direct link)

AFL NSW/ACT: Home

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGong View Post
    Some interesting names listed in the initial intake for the Swans Academy.

Dylan Roos
    Tyler Roos
    Brandon Jack - Kieran Jack's brother
    Jake Bradshaw
    Nice work, just have to give a place to boys with pedigree to give them the chance to fully develop.

My understanding on the drafting process from the four (Swans, GWS, Bris and GC) Academies is that with the players approval, the Swans can nominate a Swans Academy player prior to the ND. If other clubs wish to, they can use a draft pick to take him or we would then have the option of using our next draft pick to secure him. Basically the same as the Father-Son bidding process. It may mean using a draft pick very close to the one offered by the "foreign" club or it could be 15 or 16 spots further out.

I think there is an understanding amongst clubs that Father and Son players should not become absolute bargains for the lucky drafting club and that a club close to the true value should put in a "blocking"bid. We should get a bargain at the 2011 ND with Tom Mitchell considered a potential top three player but we will have to use our first pick but that depending on our finishing postion in 2011 may be as far out as low 20s.

With the heavy concessions to the GC and GWS, 2010 ad 2011 are great years to have top quality Father-Son picks, particularly for high laddere finishing clubs. Bulldogs got bargains this year with Wallis and Liberatore.
    Last edited by 707; 20th December 2010 at 01:07 PM.

15yo Isaac Heeney from Cardiff is one too watch. He played in my Under 16 team when he was 13 and was pretty much our best and fairest and we had heaps U16 rep players

Page 3 of 76 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast