Page 4 of 76 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast

Thread: Swans Academy and player watch

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    15yo Isaac Heeney from Cardiff is one too watch. He played in my Under 16 team when he was 13 and was pretty much our best and fairest and we had heaps U16 rep players
    Thanks Dan, we'll watch this space for updates :-)

It will be interesting to see (fingers crossed) how many more AFL players the two Academies can produce than what has been produced from NSW in the past. The now defunct Scholarship scheme has to date had very limited success although there were a lot of players drafted from the scheme ths year.

Draft Scout

Both Roos boys in academy, is this a way to stop Brisbane using father son option?

Noticed both Tyler and Dylan in academy. Was wondering how we could get them onto our list!
    Staying ahead of the game...

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajn View Post
    Noticed both Tyler and Dylan in academy. Was wondering how we could get them onto our list!
    @@@@, I hadn't thought about that! Is the only option for them to turn down Brisbane and try their luck in the ND? If only the FS rule applied to games coached as well!

Somehow I cannot imagine the boys being anywhere else, but oh dear Brissy.....so yep good move by the Academy (ahem). Its a Conspiracy!!!! Let me be the first to state the obvious.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Quote Originally Posted by Primmy View Post
    Somehow I cannot imagine the boys being anywhere else, but oh dear Brissy.....so yep good move by the Academy (ahem). Its a Conspiracy!!!! Let me be the first to state the obvious.
    So when Vossy gets the chop in a year or two will Roosy put his hand up to coach his kids?

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajn View Post
    A player is not tied to a club under Father-Son, it's just that the F_S club has first chance. Sons can say no thanks, as no doubt the Roos boy/s will if they are good enough to et an offer from Brisbane. The most famous no thanks was coincidentally to Brisbane by Marc Murphy who then was taken with Pick 1 at the ND by Carlton.

We can get the Roos boy/s under the Academy rules by them accepting an offer to join the Swans, after they have said no thanks to Brisbane.

U/18 RAMS SQUAD

http://www.aflnswact.com.au/fileadmi...__Feb_2011.pdf

Swan's Academy Inclusions;

Blake Guthrie
    Brandon Jack
    Jack Lynch
    Jackson Potter
    Daniel Robinson
    Stephen Wray

both Nathan Kenny and Mitch May were injured during the carnival.

I liked the look of Jackson Potter (he of the Potter family who are staunch Swans supporters), and Blake Guthrie.

Uncon, rather disconcerted about the injuries, hope all is well?
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

nothing life threatening, just knocked them out of calculations for the initial squad. If they get right and show enough they can be added. They do not finalise the team for a few months yet (but they do start behind the field).

A thought about the Roos boys. These kids stood on the diais next to the team in 2005. They have featured in as many of the club win singsongs as the players do. Does anyone honestly think they would choose to play anywhere else but here?

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Primmy View Post
    A thought about the Roos boys. These kids stood on the diais next to the team in 2005. They have featured in as many of the club win singsongs as the players do. Does anyone honestly think they would choose to play anywhere else but here?
    I don't think anyone, including the Lions, really think they'll want to play anywhere else. Obviously the Lions will make their play for them once they're eligible, but I'm sure they're under no illusion that the boys will be doing anything but turning them down and coming to the Swans through the Academy.

Veteran Site Admin
    We don't really have much of an idea how the Roos boys stack up AFL talent wise, or even if they have a burning desire to play AFL. It is not as if they have been regular features in under age representative squads. They might have been deliberately flying under the radar, they might be late developers, or they might not really be AFL potential players, notwithstanding their inclusion in the Academy.

Page 4 of 76 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast