Page 5 of 76 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast

Thread: Swans Academy and player watch

Veterans List
    What happens if Roos coaches Carlton next year as was trotted out again for the 1000th time today?

That rams list is interesting, jack Pratt used to be my captain when I played, congrats jack!

Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    What happens if Roos coaches Carlton next year as was trotted out again for the 1000th time today?
    I wouldn't hold him against him, would be just disappointed that the swans academy didn't have his experience for 3 years.

Bump. Had a look at the SFL Game of the Week last night. Lloyd Perris and Nathan Kenny were playing for St. Geroge. Perris looks the goods! Very smart user of the ball, and didn't shirk any contests despite being 16 and a lot smaller than most of his opposition. He's quick too! Kenny was meh.
    Officially on the Reid and Sumner bandwagon!

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Some developments here, besides Moody haven't heard of them before. Anyone know anything?

Twitter
    Syd Swans nominate 4 teens as poss considerations 2011 draft under AFL Academy rules:Jack Davis; Lachlan Kilpatrick; Eric Moody; Jack Pratt.
    Twitter
    Swans must decide on 7/10 if wish to consider any of the four teens as a bid selection on 10/10, start of trade wk, as per f/son bid process
    Twitter
    GC Suns and Bris Lions both elect not to nominate any players for consideration under AFL Academy rules.

Lachlan Kilpatrick is on the Academy player list. Jack Pratt is going to play for the reserves in the Newcastle game according to this.

Odd that Thompson and Potter haven't been nominated, given how they've apparently impressed. Murphy could be too old for the Academy, so they might be planning to take him with a NSW pre-selection pick (if they take him at all).

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Brendan Nelson from the QBE Sydney Swans Academy in Coffs Harbour.
    First instance of a former Opposition Leader playing for us? (I think it's a typo, they have Norton later on in the article)

I also thought Potter was going to be considered, maybe hoping we can pick him up on the rookie list?

Wait, do these nominations apply to the senior list AND rookie list? Or just the senior list? It would make a bit more sense if it was just the senior list.

Quote Originally Posted by BSA5 View Post
    Lachlan Kilpatrick is on the Academy player list. Jack Pratt is going to play for the reserves in the Newcastle game according to this.

Odd that Thompson and Potter haven't been nominated, given how they've apparently impressed. Murphy could be too old for the Academy, so they might be planning to take him with a NSW pre-selection pick (if they take him at all).
    Potter, Lynch, Guthrie, Kenny and May are scholarship holders. I think that we don't need to nominate them at this stage. Nomination is for Academy players who have to go through a bidding process similar to the father / son process. The purpose of nomiation at this stage is that the other clubs can check them out and then bid for them if they rate them.

Veteran Site Admin
    My expectation is that we don't have to nominate scholarship players as they are not subject to the bidding process

I thought given that the Scholarship holders were announced as the inaugural members of the Swans Academy, they'd be subject to Academy rules. But I guess we'd be hard done by giving up our pre-listing rights just because we included them in our Academy.

Still doesn't explain Mitch Thompson, who has been consistently in the bests, unless he's too old for the Academy. Does anybody know how old he is? And if he's particularly old then the Swans might not be interested anyway.

Page 5 of 76 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast