Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for Round 20

Senior Player

Changes for Round 20

For mine, X already looks cooked. There were a number of contests yesterday when he took the easy option once the ball hit the deck.

Out: Richards, Lloyd (concussion)
    In: Foote, B. Jack.

BTW.. LOVING Aliir and Naismith's contributions.
    C'mon Chels!

I reckon we need that extra hit-up marking target. Some questionable efforts from Richards but I'd persevere with him until Reid and/or Tippett are ready.
    Bloods

"Lockett is the best of all time" - Robert Harvey, Darrel Baldock, Nathan Burke, Kevin Bartlett, Bob Skilton

Quote Originally Posted by penga View Post
    For mine, X already looks cooked. There were a number of contests yesterday when he took the easy option once the ball hit the deck.

Out: Richards, Lloyd (concussion)
    In: Foote, B. Jack.

BTW.. LOVING Aliir and Naismith's contributions.

No changes for mine.

Tank is clearly an issue for XR, but I thought he looked improved on last week in that regard, so I'd give him another run.

What he has done is helped reshape and improve our forward structure immensely - something replacing him with Foote or BJ would not do. I'd stick with him until such time that Tippo is fit, or heaven forbid (and highly unlikely) Sam Reid somehow gets fit.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

No changes unless Lloyd misses with concussion. If so, we look at Foote or Laidler. I'd like to see BJ given a chance but I can't see it happening.

No changes. Maybe swap the Richards around.

From what Longmire stated (or did not state) Lloyd did not suffer concussion. If needed he would have probably gone back on but pointless with situation of the game. He looed slightly out to it after the incident.

Bro's have to play together this year

Out: Lloyd
    In: Richards
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Any know whether the proposed scratch match between our reserves and Giants reserves went ahead? If so, who played and how did they go?

First game I have watched for some time, and I agree with comments above that having a 'full forward' (even if a bit undersized and a bit inexperienced/cooked) in X Richards makes the structure better.
    Ideally he would be replaced later in the season by Tippett (or Reid), but in the meantime it gives Buddy his freedom and Papley his pressure positioning.
    All of Rohan, Towers, Heeney, and Hewitt (plus the more regular midfielders) are capable of scoring multiple goals, but they are also capable of getting in the way.

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    Any know whether the proposed scratch match between our reserves and Giants reserves went ahead? If so, who played and how did they go?
    Yes, but only a 40 minute game. Apparently pretty easy going followed by a training session.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by barracuda View Post
    Yes, but only a 40 minute game. Apparently pretty easy going followed by a training session.
    Interesting. Thanks.

Would they bring Tippo back as a stay at home forward and play 2 ruckmen as well?

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast