Page 1 of 76 123451151 ... LastLast

Thread: Swans Academy and player watch

Swans Academy and player watch

I thought it might be a nice idea to have a thread for keeping track of Academy news, and maybe a list of Academy players and any info on them. It could probably be merged with the NSW Scholarship thread, as any remaining NSW Scholarship boys are now part of the Academy, and there's already some info there.

Anyway, to get things started:

Nathan Kenny - Midfielder - 2011 draft (16/04/93)

"Nathan is a hard running, skilful and clever midfielder / half forward who has impressed with his discipline, hard work and commitment to the scholarship program."

Blake Guthrie -Midfielder - 2011 draft (25/03/93)

"Blake is a tough, disciplined and hardworking midfielder with great skills and an elite endurance base. He will be participating in the U16 Rams program this year."

Jackson Potter -Midfielder - 2011 draft (6/03/93)

"An absolute standout player for his age group in AFL in Sydney. He is a tough, competitive and highly skilled midfielder who has made All Australian selection at the U15 National Carnival in Melbourne 2008. A fantastic young man who is willing to do whatever it takes to play senior AFL."

Jack Lynch - Key position - 2011 draft (7/01/93)

"An impressive athlete with both elite endurance and speed. He holds State Cross Country and high Jump records at the College level and is a member of the NSW State basketball team. With good height, elite athletic credentials and being extremely competitive, he has all the characteristics to become a senior AFL player."

Mitch May - Key position - 2011 draft (26/08/93)

"Mitchell is an extremely tall player with great mobility and outstanding skills. As a key marking forward, he first came under notice at the V/Line carnival in Melbourne 2008 and promises to be an exciting player of the future."

Harry Butchart - Key Position (190cm in 09) - 2012 Draft

Four new faces at the Swans - Official AFL Website of the Sydney Swans Football Club

Mitch Crawford - Midfielder (180cm in 09) - 2012 Draft

See Butchart link

Stephen Wray - Midfielder (178cm in 09) - 2012 Draft

See Butchart link

Daniel Robinson - Midfielder (176cm in 09) - 2012 Draft

See Butchart link

Lloyd Perris - Midfielder - 2013 Draft

Perris signs as inaugural Academy member - Official AFL Website of the Sydney Swans Football Club

http://www.theleader.com.au/news/loc...s/1847709.aspx

Alex Jalloh - Midfielder - 2013 Draft

http://www.smh.com.au/afl/afl-news/african-connection-sydney-hope-teenage-signing-will-pay-dividends-20100613-y638.html
    http://www.smh.com.au/news/national/rising-star-claims-he-was-racially-taunted/2007/09/15/1189277049594.html
    Gifted athlete joins Swans Academy - Official AFL Website of the Sydney Swans Football Club

Note: Quotes taken from this post by ScottH

Also, draft dates are my best guesses. If anybody knows different, feel free to say so.

A full list of Academy players can be found here:

http://www.sydneyswans.com.au/academ...8/default.aspx
    Last edited by BSA5; 19th December 2010 at 12:33 AM.
    Officially on the Reid and Sumner bandwagon!

Great idea!

add Harry Butchart, Stephen Wray, Daniel Robinson and Mitchell Crawford to your list & i'll dig up some info.

RWO TAG INFO TO SORT
    Swans Academy
    Alex Jalloh
    Last edited by wearebloods; 20th September 2010 at 03:12 PM.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Excellent idea motorbikeman!
    And my word, the 2011 draft sounds promising.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

So let me get this straight? All the guys mentioned above are ours in the future if we want them? GWS or any other club for that matter can't touch them if we choose to put them on our list? If so the future is looking bright! That's a fair wrap on Jackson Potter! And wow if Jalloh can grow from his potential, things are really looking good to be a swans supporter though the lean expansion years!

Quote Originally Posted by troyjones2525 View Post
    So let me get this straight? All the guys mentioned above are ours in the future if we want them? GWS or any other club for that matter can't touch them if we choose to put them on our list? If so the future is looking bright! That's a fair wrap on Jackson Potter! And wow if Jalloh can grow from his potential, things are really looking good to be a swans supporter though the lean expansion years!
    Yep, they're all ours if we want them. Though to be honest, many of the 2011 crowd don't look likely. Jackson Potter is probably the best shot, he has played a few good games for the ressies and has been given quite major roles in the middle.

Jalloh and Perris have huge raps on them.
    Officially on the Reid and Sumner bandwagon!

All the boys born '93 (turned 17 this year) have played mostly senior Sydney AFL and/or Swans reserves and some u/18's RAMs this season.

2011 will see all of them except Perris & Jalloh pushing for u/18's RAMS selection, and the actual 18y.o.s at the 2011 draft.

With 2011's compromised draft, the Swans will have the advantage of having had these boys "under their wing" for 3 years - if they decide to keep any of them, they will know exactly what they are getting.

Thanks uncon. Clear as a bell.

I love this forum. At last the mob understand why I always go to the home ressies matches - I get to see whats coming.

Jackson Potter is the son of Harry Potter and Katrina Lea (both retired from the Newsroom at Channel Ten in Sydney, you will always see them at the games) and the brother of, aahh forgot, who also had a go at getting into the AFL. Bit of a fiesty one.
    Mitch May, could have sworn he grew 10cm in the last year, and is a bit of a unit for a young bloke. Like his style, and once he gets used to his body may prove to be a keeper.

The other kids I won't comment on now, not fair. But I tag the two above as ones to keep an eye on to see how they go (with expectation).
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Drummoyne..INNER WEST BABY!! (Bay 29 SCG)
    Quote Originally Posted by Primmy View Post

Jackson Potter is the son of Harry Potter and Katrina Lea (both retired from the Newsroom at Channel Ten in Sydney, you will always see them at the games) and the brother of, aahh forgot, who also had a go at getting into the AFL. Bit of a fiesty one.
    Nick Potter.
    Official Driver Of The "Who Gives A @@@@ As The Player Will Get Delisted Anyway" Bandwagon.

Quote Originally Posted by Primmy View Post
    Jackson Potter is the son of Harry Potter and Katrina Lea.

I thought his name was something other than Harry but Harry it is.

Recent story about his serious health scare Veteran reporter Harry Potter pulls through cancer surgery | Adelaide Now
    In memory of my little Staffy - Dicey, 17.06.2005 to 1.12.2011- I'll miss you mate.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Is Voldemort out of contract?
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by dimelb View Post
    Is Voldemort out of contract?
    The Death Eaters are having game against the those who use the Stupefying Charm this weekend I hear.

Page 1 of 76 123451151 ... LastLast