Page 15 of 76 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565 ... LastLast

Thread: Swans Academy and player watch

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    NSW/ACT U18 RAMS named

http://bit.ly/MePeka

The following are Swans Academy players AFAIK, could have missed some that I'm unaware of

Brandon Jack
    Bradley Plug
    Daniel Robinson
    Dylan Roos
    Jordan Weir
    Jordan West
    Stephen Wray

Coached by Jason Saddington

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    NSW/ACT U18 RAMS named

The following are Swans Academy players AFAIK, could have missed some that I'm unaware of

Brandon Jack
    Bradley Plug
    Daniel Robinson
    Dylan Roos
    Jordan Weir
    Jordan West
    Stephen Wray

Ugg, you seem to be wise in these things, are those the names you expected to be in there?

Can someone tell me why Andrew Moody is not in the state 18s this year...

Terry Wallace just did some analysis on drafting. Rated us last for recruitment over the past 8 years. Being largely a wipeout in 2004 - 2008. Less than 20% of players making it from that period

Quote Originally Posted by wolftone57 View Post
    Seems a really confident kid. By the way GWS have only just started their academy so where did they get all this talent? I am presuming that anyone who is in their zone who was with the Swans Academy will now be in the GWS Academy. That may account for the big losses.
    Looking at the 35 man 18's RAMS squad - 8 from Sydney North & South, 1 from North Coast (Swans Zone) - 3 from Western Sydney, 23 from ACT/Riverina (GWS Zone) - that says it all.

The GWS Academy it is definitely NOT a "Western Sydney" Academy ... I am aware of a number of kids that age from Western Sydney that have been part of the AFL's talent programs since they were in primary school, who have become totally disillusioned as a result, and some are not even playing now.

So whilst GWS have done virtually nothing in "Western Sydney", the rest of their zone, which is traditional AFL territory anyway, has been very well catered for with AFL talent program support for many years, and GWS then simply rode off the back of that from day one setting up structured academies in those areas.

No surprise that they are far more advanced in this age group than the Swans Academy, at this time. Things should even up as time passes, IF the Swans Academy is doing what it promises with the younger age groups coming through.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Reggi View Post
    Terry Wallace just did some analysis on drafting. Rated us last for recruitment over the past 8 years. Being largely a wipeout in 2004 - 2008. Less than 20% of players making it from that period
    I think our ladder position indicates the usefulness of that analysis. Either quality matters more than quantity, or other clubs place too much emphasis on recruitment via the draft, rather than via trading. I suspect the latter is the more significant factor.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Reggi View Post
    Shows what a dill Wallace is, thank goodness we didn't get him as coach in 2003. Any intelligent observer of the game rates our recruiting very highly.

Wallace probably doesn't want to remember the disastrous 2004-2005 drafts whilst he was at Wretchmond. A stack of high draft choices and hardly any of them made the grade. Famously failed to draft either Roughead or Franklin in 2004 when he had the chance. Yep, he's a dill.

Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    Shows what a dill Wallace is, thank goodness we didn't get him as coach in 2003. Any intelligent observer of the game rates our recruiting very highly.

Wallace probably doesn't want to remember the disastrous 2004-2005 drafts whilst he was at Wretchmond. A stack of high draft choices and hardly any of them made the grade. Famously failed to draft either Roughead or Franklin in 2004 when he had the chance. Yep, he's a dill.
    How is he a dill for saying our drafting was @@@@house? It WAS @@@@house. There is a difference between drafting and trading. He specifically assessed drafting. I'm sure if their was a trading analysis we'd come out on top.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    NSW/ACT U18 RAMS named

Brandon Jack
    Bradley Plug
    Daniel Robinson
    Dylan Roos
    Jordan Weir
    Jordan West
    Stephen Wray

All bar Roos made the team to play Vic Country on Saturday. I didn't realise Jordan West was so big, listed at 197cm and 95 kg!

Seems like a pretty big move forward just to get that many in the NSW team from Sydney. Interested to see how they all go. Good to see some big guys

Dylan Roos shouldn't worry he has already played in a premiership.

I am completely guessing that Brandon Jack is the most likely to get drafted?

All bar Roos made the team to play Vic Country on Saturday.
    Hmmm... was it Roos who traded Saddo to Carlton ?

Wallace was absolutely right....just from memory - Willoughby, O'Keefe, Brabazon, Laidlaw and the other one from that draft, Meredith, Simpkin, Phillips, Currie, Faulks, Eriksen, Davis, Vezpremi....and that's just the ones I can remember who were on the main list. 2009 was Rohan and Jetta then Lamb (??) Johnson, Reid and Parker. Did we change recruiting managers?
    "I'll acknowledge there are more talented teams in the competition but I won't acknowledge that there is a better team in the competition" Paul Roos March 2005