Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: 2011 Sydney Swans Fixture - News and discussion

Senior Player
    Two byes, one of them over the Easter weekend.

If that is in fact correct then they are stupid not having the Swans playing over Easter - should be in Sydney at Easter

Quote Originally Posted by annew View Post
    Two byes, one of them over the Easter weekend.

If that is in fact correct then they are stupid not having the Swans playing over Easter - should be in Sydney at Easter
    I think it's fantastic. People like to leave the city over Easter. And if we're playing an away game, finding a pub in country NSW showing AFL isn't always easy.
    Last edited by Kirkari; 24th October 2010 at 02:58 PM.
    Superman still wears Brett Kirk Pyjamas

Pushing for Selection
    I've heard round 1 is V Melbourne at the G......

Commentary Team Captain BeeEmmAre's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    I've got visit Sydney in the new year so thinking I might time it to coincide with the NAB Cup round robin at Blacktown.

I'll be saying in the city so what is the best way to get to Blacktown, do I have to drive or is there a train that will be full of Swannies?
    I dunno about 'full of Swannies', especially in pre-season, but you'd catch a Western Line train direct from Central towards Penrith and get off at either Doonside or Rooty Hill. They'll have buses running from one of them or both I'd imagine.
    "It's up to the rest of the players in the room to make a new batch of premiership players next year," Adam Goodes, triple Bob Skilton Medallist, October 7, 2011.

YOU BETCHA!!!!!!

Senior Player
    I'd be pretty happy with Rd 1 v Melbourne at the G.

A question re: ANZ Stadium - is the three matches a year deal with the Swans or with the AFL? If it's with the AFL, we'll probably only have to play two games a year there from 2012 (one blockbuster game and the derby, while GWS also play a blockbuster for the third). If it's with the Swans, obviously we're stuck with it.

On the Rookie List
    Quote Originally Posted by swansrob View Post

A question re: ANZ Stadium - is the three matches a year deal with the Swans or with the AFL? If it's with the AFL, we'll probably only have to play two games a year there from 2012 (one blockbuster game and the derby, while GWS also play a blockbuster for the third). If it's with the Swans, obviously we're stuck with it.
    So would I, as long as it isnt a repeat of that debacle game this year against them at the G!

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    Saints and Cats to clash in Round 1 | Courier Mail

Round 1 won't be against the Saints, Cats, Bombers, Blues, Tigers, Hawks, Crows, Kangaroos, Eagles, GC (who have the bye)
    leaving
    Lions, Magpies, Dockers, Demons, Power, Bulldogs
    Gold Coast get a bye in their first week? Bit of an anti-climax.

The fans will be saying "Can't wait till the season begins... we can have that golf day."
    The man who laughs has not yet heard the terrible news

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by msb View Post
    So would I, as long as it isnt a repeat of that debacle game this year against them at the G!
    Redemption would be a great way to start the season!

Redemption would be a great way to start the season!
    It would be a good win too. Melbourne will be hard to beat in 2011.

Knowing my luck the friday night game will fall on a friday that i'm rostered to work until 7pm.
    Red & White forever.

It's done with the Swans and not the AFL. Locked in for a few more years yet. Look they can make it more interesting by bringing the zombie lepers back from the Ben Hur production. They can pounce and eat good opposition players just like they did to Jesus in the play. Ate the bloody cross as well!!!!!!!!!
    In memory of my little Staffy - Dicey, 17.06.2005 to 1.12.2011- I'll miss you mate.

Well, it is looking like my source got his round 1 draw tip wrong! Looking more likely it will be Melbourne v Sydney at MCG... great for our Melbourne members to have a round 1 game at the MCG!
    Swannies for life!

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast