Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

Thread: 2011 Sydney Swans Fixture - News and discussion

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by msb View Post
    Why is that brilliant news? I dont mind getting to the local a little earlier to watch the games that start at 1.10
    Because Fox broadcasts the game that starts at 1.10pm and C7 broadcasts the game that starts at 2.10pm.

Living in 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by msb View Post
    Why is that brilliant news? I dont mind getting to the local a little earlier to watch the games that start at 1.10
    Channel 7 carry the 2pm game, not Foxtel.

Quote Originally Posted by Ratna View Post
    Anyway that was probably the hardest two and a half hours of being a swans supporter I have experienced. I stayed the whole game under duress as I have never left a game early and never will. I decided on the way out the gate that I was going to make sure I made every Collingwood game in Sydney until we beat them.
    I was at that game as well. Believe me, the Demons game, sitting in the Great Southern Stand dodging sea gull poo whilst the team was getting thrashed was FAR worse.

Quote Originally Posted by erica View Post
    OK, I get that a Friday night game suits many of you. But can you please acknowledge that others of us have different circumstances? I finish work at Ryde at 5pm - have to get to Strathfield during peak hour traffic to pick up my 84 year old father and then get to the SCG in Friday night traffic. We drive because of this split trip and no way am I travelling home by train to Parramatta, where I live, by myself at night. So good luck to those of you who will wander solo up to SCG from the city. leisurely stopping at a pub or two on the way. Half your luck.
    As I suggested previously, take the day or half day off work. Surely your workplace is not that inflexible. Then pick your Dad up early and have dinner in the Entertainment Quarter. I'm self employed but if I was still in my old job, I would just take the day off work. It's only a job and if you dropped dead in your workplace tomorrow, they would replace you with someone else anyway. I'm sounding like a communist. Viva le revolution!!!!!

I apply the HIIR. That's "How Important Is It Rule" when I do things in life now. If it's important I do it, if not, it gets the flick.

I think from memory you said you sit in the Brewongle. So do I, so I'll be checking !
    Last edited by Bas; 1st November 2010 at 09:00 PM.
    In memory of my little Staffy - Dicey, 17.06.2005 to 1.12.2011- I'll miss you mate.

Quote Originally Posted by erica View Post
    OK, I get that a Friday night game suits many of you. But can you please acknowledge that others of us have different circumstances? I finish work at Ryde at 5pm - have to get to Strathfield during peak hour traffic to pick up my 84 year old father and then get to the SCG in Friday night traffic. We drive because of this split trip and no way am I travelling home by train to Parramatta, where I live, by myself at night.
    Yes it was half my luck, but now as regional person I will be making a day of it, probably come into town that morning (or the night before) but if I was working in the burbs, I would be looking at organising a day of leave (or half day) - go on, have a long weekend
    Last edited by blinddog; 1st November 2010 at 11:00 PM.
    One vege patch at a time
    www.onegreenacre.com
    Looking for a beer? Look here,
    www.whereisthepub.org

The problem with taking a day off in and around Sydney is that if it was for NRL you may get some leeway, but if your dial gets shown on tv and you are at a sneaky AFL game, then..... Not everyone has a job that has flexibility as a work practice. And many cannot burst out of the ties that bind because of the need to not upset the boss because you actually need the job of work to pay for the Swans Membership in the first place!!
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Quote Originally Posted by Primmy View Post
    The problem with taking a day off in and around Sydney is that if it was for NRL you may get some leeway, but if your dial gets shown on tv and you are at a sneaky AFL game, then..... Not everyone has a job that has flexibility as a work practice. And many cannot burst out of the ties that bind because of the need to not upset the boss because you actually need the job of work to pay for the Swans Membership in the first place!!
    Primmy you're making the assumption that somebody would be watching on TV and there's no way anyone would see her in the Brewongle. Boundary seat a different story.

She can hide behind my svelte physique and fox stolle. After all it is the Brewongle.
    In memory of my little Staffy - Dicey, 17.06.2005 to 1.12.2011- I'll miss you mate.

Senior Player
    I'll be taking the Friday off work, flying up that morning and making a weekend of it. I don't think I've ever been to a Friday night game before (well, not a H&A game).

Regular in the Side
    Not sure about Friday night....

Pity there aren't more Saturday afternoon games. I love Sunday afternoon too. At least we don't have all night games at the concrete jungle this year.

Goes up to 11
    I love the idea of a Friday night game - have a sneaky beer or two at work and then head out to the SCG in time for the game - I'll allow enough time to walk knowing what traffic can be like in the city/Oxford St and Moore Park areas on a Friday night. A few more drinks at the game and then kick on after that I reckon....

I know Friday night isn't necessarily great for everyone but not every match time over a given weekend will suit everyone anyway. As someone who normally doesn't drink on a Sunday, but has been know to have a few on Friday/Saturday, I'll quite happily have a few calming beverages throughout the course of a Friday evening game. And yes I am fortunate enough to be able to walk home afterwards.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112