Thread: Mumford - the legend grows

Mumford - the legend grows

Had a dust-up with Jordan Lewis outside an LA nightclub. Doesn't sound too serious - the club says it won't be taking any action.

Did Lewis cut in on the buffet line?

AFL stars in LA punch-up | AFL | Fox Sports
    The man who laughs has not yet heard the terrible news

Another example of Melbourne-centric reporting. "Toe-to-toe" is a bit generous to Jordan Lewis. The Swans' version of the story is more like - Lewis had a crack at Our Shane, and Mummy put Lewis on his arse. The ladies at the L@SS high tea yesterday gave a big round of applause - very gentile of course. Clinton Young tried to stop Lewis from going after Mumford and got smacked by his own teammate for his trouble.

Mummy let the club know about it, they told the AFL, then Hawthorn, and guess what? Their players had failed to mention it. Um ahhhhh...
    Last edited by Kirkari; 24th October 2010 at 02:51 PM.
    Superman still wears Brett Kirk Pyjamas

Thanks Kirkari. I feel badly out of the loop not going to the high tea.

I'm surprised this celebrity encounter wasn't reported on TMZ.
    The man who laughs has not yet heard the terrible news

Jordan Lewis has always struck me as a player with an oversized ego and aggression that is not as well controlled as it could be...and this has provided proof of it.

One of my daughters went out with a tall well muscled bloke and she said it was amazing how when he would enter a party, straight away little blokes would come up to him and try to pick a fight. This particular young man didn't have a mean bone in his body nor aggressive body language . It was purely his height and physique that created the need for the bantams (like Lewis) to want to fight him.
    "The Dog days are over, The Dog days are gone" Florence and the Machine

The bit I liked was the report that they were at the same venue the next night, had a chat and laugh and that was the end of it. Typical bloke stuff. Read "bushbloke" stuff.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Senior Player
    That bloody booze...makes me wealthy and invisible.

Goes up to 11
    I'm not sure what is likeable or worth applauding about the whole incident. It may have been 'nothing too serious' but punching on outside a nightclub is never acceptable in my book....

Quote Originally Posted by jono2707 View Post
    I'm not sure what is likeable or worth applauding about the whole incident. It may have been 'nothing too serious' but punching on outside a nightclub is never acceptable in my book....
    The fact that they shared a beer and sorted it out the next night is applaudable. Sure, the incident (which reading between the lines seems to have been somewhat overstated) may be a little unsavoury, but the way they sorted it out afterwards was quality.
    Officially on the Reid and Sumner bandwagon!

Goes up to 11
    Quote Originally Posted by BSA5 View Post
    The fact that they shared a beer and sorted it out the next night is applaudable. Sure, the incident (which reading between the lines seems to have been somewhat overstated) may be a little unsavoury, but the way they sorted it out afterwards was quality.
    Agreed - no doubt we'll all move on from it and hopefully a few young guys have learned a thing or two...

Sometimes you just have to let the kiddies work out their level in the pecking order. Looks like Mumms came out on top, along with his sense of duty of care in reporting this to the Swans management...good boy, and a bit of an ear tickle (however I don't think they are going to let me get close enough....I sense it may not be in order....)
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Quote Originally Posted by jono2707 View Post
    Agreed - no doubt we'll all move on from it and hopefully a few young guys have learned a thing or two...
    Well, I hope they do. Just out of curiosity I looked up The Age footy guide's comment on J Lewis. It said:
    Burly midfielder who uses his burl. Knocks over opponents. Gets the ball. Should grow out of his discipline problem.
    We'll see.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)