Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NAB Cup Draw.

Quote Originally Posted by swansrob View Post
    It's a round robin competition, so we play both GC and GWS - if we win both games, Horse will beat Roos' NAB Cup record.
    Disagree. Although he would have won two matches he would only have progressed as far as Roos ever did (Week 2) in the NAB Cup. It's a bit like comparing apples to oranges as they are two different formats, so going by weeks progressed is probably the fairest way to judge.
    10100111001 ;-)

Six pools of three teams. Each pool plays a round robin competition, playing games of 20 minute halves - three games in a night, one after the other. The top two teams from each pool go on to the next round and from there on in it's back to normal games.
    At least that's how it goes from memory...
    Sounds mental. I like it.
    Superman still wears Brett Kirk Pyjamas

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    Do not under estimate the strength of GC. Just have a look at who they have already recruited and add in the stars that will come in this years ND, the top three are all ready made players apparently. If nearly all play they may well give us a run for our money if we go with a reserves side as we have tended to do in previous years.

Will be a very interesting days football at Blacktown
    Nah - I reckon GC will finish bottom 4 in 2011. Most of their youngsters will be too green to make a big impact at AFL level next year and they don't have anything even close to resembling a forward line.

Actually, it's nice to see the AFL try something different with the NAB Cup. I just hope I'll be able to get there.
    Red & White forever.

Quote Originally Posted by BigD View Post
    Actually, it's nice to see the AFL try something different with the NAB Cup. I just hope I'll be able to get there.
    I'm with you. I'm looking forward to it a lot more than I would be for a normal NAB Cup game. It's a shame the 3 team format is only for the first round.

Six pools of three teams. Each pool plays a round robin competition, playing games of 20 minute halves - three games in a night, one after the other. The top two teams from each pool go on to the next round and from there on in it's back to normal games.
    At least that's how it goes from memory...
    Thanks for that. I used to play work touch footy carnivals like that, although we'd use the break between games to knock over a couple of cold ones. Now THAT would make it an interesting format!
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12