Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: UTS promoted to premier division

UTS promoted to premier division

What is everyones thoughts on UTS being promoted to the premier division for 2011???
    I think it is a fantasic effort to start a club and go from nothing to 4 sides and being promoted to the highest level in Sydney in just 11 years.

Well done to everyone that has been involved in the bats over those 11 years to get us to where we are now

Quote Originally Posted by carnthebats View Post
    What is everyones thoughts on UTS being promoted to the premier division for 2011???
    I think it is a fantasic effort to start a club and go from nothing to 4 sides and being promoted to the highest level in Sydney in just 11 years.

Well done to everyone that has been involved in the bats over those 11 years to get us to where we are now
    Timing is perfect I think, they've earned their stripes. Any word on a ground, or is Henson the choice?

Warming the Bench
    Being an inner city university club they certainly have some natural advantages, that being said, it's a terrific effort to go from start-up to Premier Division in just 11 years.

It'll be interesting to see how they compete, I'm not sure whether they've paid players up to this point, but one would think you'd have to increase your budget in that area at that level.

Warming the Bench
    Have UTS ever played any of the premier teams in practice games? If so how did they go?

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Freedman View Post
    Have UTS ever played any of the premier teams in practice games? If so how did they go?
    I watched them play ECE at Purser in a trial in 2009, they got done by about 15 goals, but improved to about 10 or so goals last year. Of course, ECE weren't at full strength but neither were UTS. Oscar might know with a bit more accuracy, but thats how I recall it. I still reckon top 5 in their 1st year.

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by Pekay View Post
    I still reckon top 5 in their 1st year.
    Like all of us mate, it depends to a fair degree on comings and goings, although you'd think that Premier Division football might help them attract a few players.

I would have thought that they'd be doing extremely well to make the five, but we'll see.

I do remember when Sydney Uni got promoted there were plenty on here who thought they'd be uncompetitve, when those who had played against them in the old First Division knew better.........

Quote Originally Posted by DLH View Post
    Like all of us mate, it depends to a fair degree on comings and goings, although you'd think that Premier Division football might help them attract a few players.

I would have thought that they'd be doing extremely well to make the five, but we'll see.

I do remember when Sydney Uni got promoted there were plenty on here who thought they'd be uncompetitve, when those who had played against them in the old First Division knew better.........

If they pick up no-one, then last. Recruit well and who knows?

they dont pay any of their players do they?

Quote Originally Posted by Monty Burns2 View Post
    If they pick up no-one, then last. Recruit well and who knows?
    The networks they have in the VAFA and SAAFL is very handy for recruiting. And I can't see them having too much trouble raising enough money for player payments. Just need a more modern base to attract the better cattle, not much incentive to train at Trumper with 100 other blokes I wouldn't think.

Lockage Please Norris.
    Last edited by Doormat; 28th October 2010 at 05:21 PM. Reason: PK's at it again talking dribble

I left you a private message Doormat, if you can pull yourself away from the Jims franchise.

PS- how much you charge to clean up dog excrement?

UTS have never paid players up to this date. Only our 1st grade coach has been played.

As for the ground we will most likely play at henson and a few out at blacktown. The league is allowing us to play 1 game a year at trumper.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast