Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New name for Subiaco Oval

Living in 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by goswannie14 View Post
    The stupid thing about this is that they will avoid using the "brand" names, but in news/finance etc they will always mention brand names.....a little hypocritcal IMO.
    Yeah it is hysterically stupid. You can watch a story that goes on about Woolworths or ANZ, then suddenly in sport "At Football Park in Adelaide"...

The BBC call a stadium what it is called, so if it is Emirates or Reebok Stadium, they will say "We are crossing to Reebok Stadium". I have never got why the ABC don't do it, it's not an endorsement of the sponsor, it's simply the name of the stadium now! and in a lot of instances such as with Geelong and Adelaide/Port Adelaide have been the difference between a ground being successful or not.

As long as the ABC isn't taking money from a sponsor, I have NO idea how it can affect them?

Living in 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirkari View Post
    An unfortunate reality, and I think I prefer to live with that than have to go to crappy venues. SCG facilities are an embarrassment to a beautiful ground.

What's REALLY bugging me is hearing about the 150th running of the "Emirates Melbourne Cup". No, it isn't!!
    Yep, I am a fan of sponsorships because of that reason. They are necessary these days.

Most people I know refer to the grounds as "ANZ, Etihad, AAMI", these days, so it seems to work well enough.

haha Agree on the Melbourne Cup thing, my father said a similiar thing to me when they said it was the 110th (or whatever) Toyota AFL Grand Final!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12