Thread: Sam Reid

Sam Reid

Jarred Moore's interview

What are your thoughts on what the team can achieve in 2011?
    Just the way we responded for the last six or seven weeks of 2010 was really positive and we got a lot out of our young guys and they developed well, like Sam Reid and Jetta. I think you?ll see a lot more of Reidy in 2011, even though he only played one game in 2010, he definitely has a future. He did everything he was asked to do and was able to play a senior game when probably no-one would have thought that at the start of the year.

I like the way he went about his debut also.........its just hard to see him start in the backline....or forwards......and to be honest I thought Teddy played really well for us in the backs and upfront when needed and Teddy probably wont be in the 22......

This is probably the most depth we have had for some time........with a decent amount of players ready for Seniors......
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

Veterans List
    Word from the dedicated Ressie watchers said he had real potential and from what we saw in just one senior game, he looks a gem who I'm sure will get a lot more games this year but likely to be carefully managed from a workload perspective.

Let's not forget that he is still only 18, doesn't turn 19 until after Xmas so to show that much as a KPP at just 18 is very exciting. I think the recruiting staff may have engineered a draft steal.

Veteran Site Admin
    I think the knock on him at U18 level was that he didn't really get involved in games enough, that he was more of an athlete than a natural footballer who would instinctively know where to go to get involved. Early signs are that he is either a very quick learner or just needed time and or confidence, because he certainly showed the ability to get involved in the play in 2010.

Maybe he was 'the younger brother'.

Which reminds me of the interesting task of choosing a team specifically to match up with the current Collingwood lot. Reid on Reid may not work.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    I think the knock on him at U18 level was that he didn't really get involved in games enough, that he was more of an athlete than a natural footballer who would instinctively know where to go to get involved. Early signs are that he is either a very quick learner or just needed time and or confidence, because he certainly showed the ability to get involved in the play in 2010.
    Had it on good authority that North Melb were keen on him but there was a doubt about his competitiveness, a doubt he has dispelled with us but one that meant instead of going early 20's in the draft he drifted to us at 38 where our recruiters couldn't believe their luck. Well founded luck it appears at this early stage.