Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: GWS Giants?

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    Orange.
    Gross.

Doesn't matter what you want to call them, the blacktown bogans can go to hell in a handbasket.

If they're playing Sydney and it's their home game ... thanks, I'll stay at home.
    I'll not willingly put money into their coffiers.
    As someone paying on the day, most of that money goes to the AFL not the club, but I understand yout sentiment.
    Does God believe in Atheists?

Living in 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by goswannie14 View Post
    As someone paying on the day, most of that money goes to the AFL not the club, but I understand yout sentiment.
    Ticket revenue goes to the home club during H&A season. (Larger clubs pay a per ticket "tax" which goes into the distribution fund for poorer clubs)

All finals revenue goes to the AFL though.

Don't worry about Wests Tigers - they stole it all from the World Series Champions - the San Francisco Giants!

SF Giants

Quote Originally Posted by Big Al View Post
    Believe me if GWS fails then the game itself will be damaged in this city. My concern was always that the Swans will be hurt by GWS but the AFL will under no circumstances want or allow that to happen. I've lived in the western suburbs my entire life and the area has changed dramatically over time and the demographics are so different from the bogan stereotype of yesteryear. If they are smart and patient I'm getting more convinced by the day that GWS will get support. It will take years but I think it can work.

As Beameup and Damien have rightly said, the cross town rivalry will be a beauty andI for one will be looking forward to a showdown/Derby type atmosphere regardless of whose home ground it is.
    Agreed. People who think Blacktown is still solely a stereotypical Bogansville clearly have not been there for some time. This goes for many other places out the west of Sydney.

Based on many of the comments so far the rivalry between the Swans and the Giants is alive and well and they haven't even played a single game. It's great we're all going to get to go to more swans games in this town!
    Last edited by agro; 17th November 2010 at 06:33 PM.
    I'm stupid, I'm ugly, I'm dumb, I smell.... Did I mention that I'm stupid?

I will always hate the GWSG only because of who they are- I am a Swans fan and they are now our rival in the City and that means automatically they are our No 1 rivals .

I hope they do well as a club however, but I just hope the AFL doesn't manage to weaken the swans through the push for GWS so that the city ends up with 2 weakened teams. Not that the AFL isn't going to chuck a lot of money at GWS- but if they aren't careful they may end up having to chuck a lot of money at 2 sydney teams to support them both, and that is the last thing we want. I don't think it will come to that, but a result like that would not suprise me either.

As for their colours and name- I think the name is awful americanised rubbish, and the colours are ok, but the designs is terrible- are they going to have a mascot that comes out wearing a Massive 'G' Costume?

I've got it.....It's the GWS G-Strings!!!!
    Does God believe in Atheists?

their battle-cry ".... carn the JAFFAS!"

Quote Originally Posted by goswannie14 View Post
    I've got it.....It's the GWS G-Strings!!!!
    I like it. They would get lots of "support"
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

I guess, (at the risk of copping a flaming and in GWS's defence) GWS did have an online poll where "the people" could choose their colours and vote for a name, or even pick one of their own. So if fingers are being pointed "the people" are to blame.
    I'm stupid, I'm ugly, I'm dumb, I smell.... Did I mention that I'm stupid?

Quote Originally Posted by unconfuseme View Post
    their battle-cry ".... carn the JAFFAS!"
    Giant jaffas even.

I like the colours for now. Orange is a bit "in" this season, but it won't last. Unlike a classic combo like, say, red and white.
    Superman still wears Brett Kirk Pyjamas

Quote Originally Posted by Big Al View Post
    I like it. They would get lots of "support"
    not if their got a big fat arse
    Now this is a thread that i would expect on the ego -centric, wank session that is redandwhiteonline.com...
    MAD
    Pushin Limits

Quote Originally Posted by 2005magicmoment View Post
    Colours are meant to be orange for the western sunset and charcoal for the granite of the blue mtns.

It's a bit vicious the chatter on RWO, i thought the objective is to promote the greatest game of all rather than to tear other clubs down and leave the Swans standing. And this is coming from a loyal Swans supporter!
    The "blue" in the Blue Mountains comes from the eucalypt leaves ... not the granite. (Without checking, I'm pretty sure the majority of rock in the Blue Mountains is sandstone ... I've physically seen a lot of it, and I'm sure it's sandstone.)

As for vicious chatter .... the AFL are getting what they want ... a RIVALRY.
    I'll personally give Sheeds a lift to the airport when they fold.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast