Thread: Gary "Rocket" Rohan

Gary "Rocket" Rohan

Gary Rohan has been a tough one for me to work out where I would like to see him play in 2011.......his fitness is a little bit of a concern still ie that he struggles to put in good 3km times etc in training and hence his endurance is not up to what we expect as Swans winger could muster..........for me he is a flanker without doubt....... part of me likes him as a HFF and part of me likes him as a Winger or HBF bursting onto a give and go pass.

If Kennedy starts games on the HFF with Goodes and say OKeefe then I would like to see Rohan come on as a HFF for at least half the game in 2011

Number 16
    Height 188cm
    Weight 82kg
    DOB 07-06-1991
    Debut 2010
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I wouldn't be too concerned about his overall endurance, because he only beat out Byron in the first 3km time trial of the year. He is still very young.

That 188cm that is still listed is from his draft camp measurements I'm pretty sure, I daresay it's almost a couple of inches off.
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

His still very younger his endurance will improve, also he is the type of player that really lifts in games compared to training. If all it was about was running a good 3km trial then barlow would still be with us.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by cookie View Post
    His still very younger his endurance will improve, also he is the type of player that really lifts in games compared to training. If all it was about was running a good 3km trial then barlow would still be with us.
    I agree Cookie..saw a fair bit of training last season and he was a different player in the real thing. He also has quite a languid style of moving..sort of glides across the ground, and is deceptively fast over the sprints. Jetta doesn't get much ground from him.

Quote Originally Posted by royboy42 View Post
    I agree Cookie..saw a fair bit of training last season and he was a different player in the real thing. He also has quite a languid style of moving..sort of glides across the ground, and is deceptively fast over the sprints. Jetta doesn't get much ground from him.
    I have two words to say as regard this way of moving....Andrew McLeod
    "The Dog days are over, The Dog days are gone" Florence and the Machine

Veterans List
    In The TAC Cup he seemed to play the Adam Goodes type of game of floating around the ground. Time will tell but the raw material is there.

Quote Originally Posted by satchmopugdog View Post
    I have two words to say as regard this way of moving....Andrew McLeod
    Picture this. A red headed, white skinned Andrew McLeod......the mind boggles.

He is a beauty to watch though isn't he. I had a moment when I thought he has the grace of Goodsey, but more speed. He will take a while to really develop his engine; he is still only 19 after all.....but I shall enjoy watching him develop.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Go little ranga. Go.

Bless. He's got a good little footy head on him. Can't wait to see him shine.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I'd say it's the other way around and Gary does get a bit of ground on Lewis.
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by stellation View Post
    I'd say it's the other way around and Gary does get a bit of ground on Lewis.

Now I'm confused, but they're both bloody quick!

Veterans List
    Now I'm confused, but they're both bloody quick!
    and in 2011 should both be first choice selections, you can't have too much pace particularly when you have the skills of those two.

I know he is rated by the coaching staff but I think Moore's lack of pace hurt us in a few games, he is too easily run off. Build a forward line with lots of pace I say.