Thread: Vale Ross Abercrombie

Commentary Team Captain BeeEmmAre's Avatar

Vale Ross Abercrombie

Very sad news on the Sydney AFL website today.
    Ross was a truly great football man and one of the nicest blokes you could meet, always up for a beer and a chat.

My deepest sympathies to Laurel, Craig and Scott and their families on the sad passing of their husband, father and grandfather.

May he rest in peace.

Sydney AFL - SportingPulse
    "It's up to the rest of the players in the room to make a new batch of premiership players next year," Adam Goodes, triple Bob Skilton Medallist, October 7, 2011.

YOU BETCHA!!!!!!

Thanks Brendan ....

An update on funeral arrangements (in Port Macquarie) is at The Official Home of the East Coast Eagles

Importantly, for Sydney friends who cannot make it up to Port on Friday, Sunday November 28th sees a celebration of Ross' life at Blacktown Workers Club from 11.00am.

The Workers Club was where Ross was employed for so many years before his retirement in 2008.
    Last edited by Oscar; 23rd November 2010 at 04:43 PM.

A very sad time for Sydney Football especially those of us who heard the "one more Eagles" cry from Ross regularly. He was a fantastic guy who always had a smile and a big welcome for the umpires. I also used to see him regularly at the Blacktown Workers on Friday after a hard week at Blacktown Boys HS! My deepest sympathies to the family. He was a fine man.