Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pre Season - Will the Swans be serious?

Goes up to 11
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Al View Post
    I think we should lose the intraclub trial on the 11th too.
    I'll put 20 bucks on us winning that one at least...

On the Rookie List
    Anyone who has tried to pick a best 22 this year has had problems! This season more than I can remember before,there are numerous possibilities in most positions on the field. This means there will be keen competition for places and therefore the Players will take the pre-season comp.very seriously.They are playing to either keep or get a place in the top 22.

The coaches might use the comp to experiment a little but I doubt we will see the same casual approach Roosey had.

Goes up to 11
    Also I don't think we should discount the ongoing impact that GWS will have on the Swans - I don't think we can afford to fly under the radar anymore. I think the Swans' profile needs to continue to be raised and a decent showing in the pre-season comp is one aspect of this. The more buzz and excitement around this team the better in a soon-to-be overcrowded market. That, combined with the keenness of players as noted above, and a new coach eager to show his wares, points to what should be a solid effort in this year's pre-season.

Suspended by the MRP reigning premier's Avatar
    Is that the truth?? Or did you read it in the Telegraph?
    If we don't win through to round 2, the fix is definitely in.

Of course they'll be serious. Whether or not it's about winning the thing I wouldn't think so, but they will be serious about giving young blokes game time and preserving the elderly for the real games, serious about experimenting with positions, rotations and checking the rule changes etc

I'll be seriously indoctrinating fresh blood to the cause....
    10100111001 ;-)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12