Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: Swans Injury News 2011

Goes up to 11
    That sucks but yes, that's footy. If that's our only major injury of the year I'll take it......

Getting Everitt and Spangher in is looking like a better move now - we have a decent amount of depth down back. But perhaps I too am coming around to the idea of one G. Rohan taking on the rebounding backman role and pushing forward for the odd goal.

Bah. I was hoping we'd exhausted our Crappy Injuries Quota for quite a few years in 2010. Horrible news - I'll try for silver lining and echo above hopes that Gary Rohan fills in and has a great year ... but still, very sad for Comrade Mal ...

Bugger, I have to change my supercoach team!!!! In all seriousness, bad luck for Malco, see you in the 2nd half of the season champ. Its time to put Rohan in his place me thinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Chilcott View Post
    Craig bird is in the squad for this weekends game.

If he has a hot spot or any sign of stress, why play him?
    He says in the article that its just a matter of managing it so i guess its not bad enough to stop him playing
    The edge is not the limit, It's just the starting point...

Veterans List
    I felt sick as a read this and, like Liz, I hope that it doesn't turn out that Mal took the wrong path with LARS - or that it's perceived that way if not.

But if our top four hopes depend on one player then we have no hope of a premiership (I think Gold Coast may discover that). Especially a player who has had a dodgy knee/back/foot/tribunal record/whatever. The real joy of the Pies game was to see a lot of young players put their hands up for senior selection. If a few of those show as much as Hanners and Rohan and TDL did last year anything is possible.

I suspect that the Swans will not win their next flag because "it's inevitable" the way the Cats and Pies have - and the Saints and Dogs have not. Like 1996 and 2005 I think we just have to win enough games to find ourselves in the Top Four and see what happens then, while commentators says "that's a surprise!" New coach, new players, new pace - 2011 may be that year. Right now we just have to find someone to kick straight into our forward 50 while Mal is out.

man i had to look twice when i saw that headline in my google news.... spewing.

I reckon he will be back sooner than later... Sydney defender Nick Malceski suffers knee setback | Herald Sun "He opted to repeat the procedure and hopes to be available by Round 1."

maybe not that soon though

On the Rookie List
    Terrible news but not the end of the world IMO....we have alot of depth in the backline and as others have mentioned give rohan the rebounding role and tadhg cant be too far away either. I dont think it damages chances of top 4 finish, someone like goodes going down would do that!

All we can hope is that as one door closes another one opens ..

Gary Rohan to play a lot of games IMO..

Rod

Seems like a play through it plan or a see if it will hold up to the riggers of a full game plan... Would be good to get some good news on the injury front soon..?

Rod_

Rotten luck for Mal.Sure,Rohan and Everitt can step up but they don't have the kicking skills of Malceski.He sets up so many forward plays and kicks goals himself as well. We'll definately miss him but that is footy and we just have to accept it. I am starting to wonder about this LARS procedure and its longevity?

ABC Sport - Swans to stagger comebacks of star trio

Injured defenders to be reintroduced slowly.

Is Mal still hurt?
    I've still got tears.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast