Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Swans Injury News 2011

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    ABC Sport - Swans to stagger comebacks of star trio

Injured defenders to be reintroduced slowly.
    I suspect "staggered" is the appropriate word, especially with Craig unfortunately.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Quote Originally Posted by msb View Post
    Terrible news but not the end of the world IMO....we have alot of depth in the backline and as others have mentioned give rohan the rebounding role and tadhg cant be too far away either. I dont think it damages chances of top 4 finish, someone like goodes going down would do that!
    Yeah agree - he is but one player, granted a very good one, but he isnt the entire team. We have more depth coming through than we have had in ages - so whilst it is truly awful for Nick, he will come back later on no doubt repaired and ready to go. this is going to give another kid an opportunity to shine (fingers crossed!)
    I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure..................
    Chickens drink - but they don't pee!
    AGE IS ONLY IMPORTANT FOR TWO THINGS - WINE & CHEESE!

Senior Player
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Go Swannies View Post
    I felt sick as a read this and, like Liz, I hope that it doesn't turn out that Mal took the wrong path with LARS - or that it's perceived that way if not.
    I felt the same GS, absolutely devastated for Mal. I wonder about the longevity of the artificial ligaments used in the LARS procedure, especially as more players are starting to opt for it now. I think he can make it back, but according to at least one surgeon LARS is still not perfect:

Young has concerns about how much bone is drilled away in the procedure, making a second reconstruction more complicated if the ligament fails. He also questioned the speed at which LARS recipients start running, warning it was a recipe for premature arthritis.

"You've got to have articular cartilage or you'll get arthritis and we know that the joint fluid and the articular cartilage doesn't get back to anywhere near normal for about 12 to 16 weeks - you shouldn't be rushing back," Young said.
    Serious warning on LARS surgery

Well this mornings daily terror reports Mal had a successful operation yesterday and should have been out of germs haven (hospital) last night.

Says he plans to come back in quicker time than before. As far as medical opinion on LARS is concerned, you just keep finding doctors to quote who, will support your part of the story.

Nathan Gibbs is quoted in this mornings story as saying he can't see anything wrong with it. He quotes how Campbell Heath re-ruptured his ACL in two years done by traditional method.

Speedy recovery Mal.
    In memory of my little Staffy - Dicey, 17.06.2005 to 1.12.2011- I'll miss you mate.

I put more trust in Nathan Gibbs than any other sports doctor on the face of the earth.
    If Nathan says it's ok ... it's ok.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Ironically we look like a very mobile team with so many KP players out !

Byron is in with a shot for the backline flank now............. even if from the bench............ plus he is a starting midfielder as per his junior days and did that easy in the trial standing in traffic looking for the offload

If Kennelly, Craig Bolton, LRT, Spangher, Mal are all out for the first few weeks minimum...........then I hope Rohan gets his chance on the half back flank whether starting or not and obviously he and Everitt will alternate depending on match ups

Braddy I still reckon wont start till rd 3 or so either

RD1

Shaw, Grundy, Smithy
    Everitt, Teddy, Mattner

Mummy
    Jetta
    McVeigh
    ROK
    Jack
    Bolts

Kennedy, Goodes, Hannes
    McGlynn, White, TDL

Bench: Seaby, Byron, Rohan, Bird

Dont see any reason why Reid couldnt get the FF spot either ahead of Jessie............
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    How cool is that??
    Gotta love synthetic bits and pieces.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

There is a lot to like about this Rd 1 team.

Despite a defence and forward line missing 'automatic' selections, I think our success will depend not on a miserly back 6 but our talent elsewhere.

This is some serious talent in the middle and around the ground:

Mumford
    Jack
    McVeigh
    Goodes
    Kennedy
    Hannebery
    O'Keefe
    Bird
    Jetta
    Bolton, Jude
    McGlynn
    Rohan

And whilst it is very sad to see so many injuries even before the season starts, it is difficult to see how players like Pyke, Everitt, Reid, Johnston, Lamb, Parker and Sumner could develop if they can't get a game, which some of them now can given the injuries.

Veterans List
    I sincerely hope Sumner plays because I have him in my Supercoach team at a price of $110,200.

Veterans List
    Any word on Rohan?

Quote Originally Posted by giant View Post
    Any word on Rohan?
    Reports in media say he's due to be available for the next game/or at the least Round 1. Someone said they spoke to Gary after the match and he said he just rolled it and would be ready to go at Coffs this week. So we could assume from that, that it's nothing serious and all will be good!

Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast