Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Who will ruck this year given the reduced bench?

Quote Originally Posted by laughingnome View Post
    From being at the game (haven't watched replays yet) it was very disheartening to see Currie not cut strips off his GWS opponent. With three established ruckmen in Seaby, Mumford and Pyke I think it only reasonable that Currie should be looking to add a string or two to his bow in order to progress. Based on last night alone, his forward work leaves a lot to be desired.
    Gee, that's being kind.....

Veteran Site Admin
    In his first couple of seasons, Currie showed a lot of promise as a ruckman who could push forward to great effect, and his marking around the ground was sensational. Last year, the injuries to other rucks (including Orreal) meant he pretty much carried the reserves ruck duties on his own and he didn't see to have much left to contribute in other ways. He does seem to have regressed in his marking ability, that's for sure. He comes across as a young man not overly filled with confidence that he belongs at AFL level, and the progress of Pyke and Mumford won't have done anything for his belief in his chances of playing senior footy. It's a shame because his first couple of seasons were very encouraging.

Veterans List
    My thoughts after last night are that Mumford and Seaby are easy the best 2 rucks. Aardvark mentioned Pyke is a better tap ruckman but I see Seaby as clearly ahead of him in all other facets of the game. I thought Seaby was good last night but for a couple of dumb handpasses and holding onto the ball too long. He gets forward and reads the game well and deceptively covers a lot of ground. Ideal in the season of the SUB where he can sit a kick behind the play, mark, and handpass off to a running player.

Quote Originally Posted by Jewels View Post
    Gee, that's being kind.....
    I try not to kick too hard when they're down.
    10100111001 ;-)

Yeh....Currie didnt impress.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345