Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: 2011 Media predictions.

On the Rookie List SwanSational74's Avatar
    We finished 5th last year. I seriously doubt we'll slip up enough over the course of 2011 to fall out of finals contention entirely. I think we can do at least as well as we did last year, if not slightly better.
    Red and White Forever.

Regular in the Side
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Al View Post
    I'd be surprised if Mike Sheahan has us out of the 8. He's one Victorian scribe that respects the Swans and sings our praises consistently.
    Mike Sheahan is one Victorian scribe who actually does his homework, as well as realising that this a national competition.

Regular in the Side
    Quote Originally Posted by SwanSational74 View Post
    We finished 5th last year. I seriously doubt we'll slip up enough over the course of 2011 to fall out of finals contention entirely. I think we can do at least as well as we did last year, if not slightly better.
    Subject to any unforeseen injuries, the only question mark for another very good (top 6 or better) year, would be that the players find it hard to fit into John Longmire's coaching methods as opposed to Paul Roos. I very much doubt this, noting that Longmire has been on the coaching staff nearly a decade, working closely under Paul Roos for 8 plus seasons.

Also, bear in mind in the Swans' very good 5th place 2010, for most of the season they did not have their number one defender (C. Bolton), top ruckman (Seaby), and leading goalkicking forward (Bradshaw)

Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
    Time for the Media prediction Time Capsule.

First off Shane Crawford in the SHS, has the Swans finishing 9th with 10-11 wins.
    But says the could play finals.
    Do we have time capsule for 2010 predictions Scott? I do recall 0 out of 21 pundits tipped us to make the 8.
    The man who laughs has not yet heard the terrible news

OK, here are some positive calls on the Swans by Terry Wallace on the List Manager: http://twaud.io/q8Tc

The man-who-was-almost-coach shows he actually paid attention to the Swans last year. Describes White perfectly - "he does one or two brilliant things in each game, then goes missing."

Wallace's tip: Swans to finish 3rd to 8th this year.
    The man who laughs has not yet heard the terrible news

Quote Originally Posted by top40 View Post
    Subject to any unforeseen injuries, the only question mark for another very good (top 6 or better) year, would be that the players find it hard to fit into John Longmire's coaching methods as opposed to Paul Roos. I very much doubt this, noting that Longmire has been on the coaching staff nearly a decade, working closely under Paul Roos for 8 plus seasons.

Also, bear in mind in the Swans' very good 5th place 2010, for most of the season they did not have their number one defender (C. Bolton), top ruckman (Seaby), and leading goalkicking forward (Bradshaw)
    +1
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by ShockOfHair View Post
    OK, here are some positive calls on the Swans by Terry Wallace on the List Manager: http://twaud.io/q8Tc

The man-who-was-almost-coach shows he actually paid attention to the Swans last year. Describes White perfectly - "he does one or two brilliant things in each game, then goes missing."

cheers

On the Rookie List
    Quote Originally Posted by ShockOfHair View Post

Just listened to wallace audio, im shocked, an 'expert' gave us a wrap and tipped us to make the 8!!!!!!!!

Robert Drane (Inside Sport magazine) has us finishing 11th.
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor View Post
    Robert Drane (Inside Sport magazine) has us finishing 11th.
    That's more like it!
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

pr. dim-melb; m not f

Under the Radar Again

This is in The Age hard copy, but not online, where the SMH has it. No surprises for us.
    Swans keep close
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Senior Player
    Another article about us being under rated...
    http://www.smh.com.au/afl/afl-news/s...303-1bgeu.html

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast