Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: 2011 Media predictions.

Warming the Bench
    Loved Rohan Connelly article! Summed up what most Swans supporters already know. We are a top 8 side and pushing for a double chance.
    Good to be able to read an article like this especially in Melbourne.

Bad Luck to Mal as well
    get back soon

Quote Originally Posted by swansrob View Post
    Another article about us being under rated...
    Swans fail to grab Pundits
    Great article, and good to see McVeigh doesn't give two figs about what the "experts" say.
    10100111001 ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by msb View Post
    I actually thought it read him thinking 11-13 wins for swans??? I remember thinking at the time he has tipped us to miss the 8 yet with that amount of wins we would most likely make it?
    No surprises we never get any respect from the melbourne media ... Better off under the radar ... I think it was crawf who predicted a bulldogs flag last year ... He's going well

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    The predictions of rookie columnist P.Roos. He likes Collingwood, Hawthorn and St Kilda, thinks Carlton's list management has been poor, and Brissie & Freo are his concerns.

No mention of the Swans so he must not rate us. (Interesting tidbit on Brock McLean though)

Trading gives the winning edge: premiership coach Paul Roos | Herald Sun

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    The predictions of rookie columnist P.Roos. He likes Collingwood, Hawthorn and St Kilda, thinks Carlton's list management has been poor, and Brissie & Freo are his concerns.

No mention of the Swans so he must not rate us. (Interesting tidbit on Brock McLean though)

Trading gives the winning edge: premiership coach Paul Roos | Herald Sun
    A very interesting article I thought, even without mentioning the Swans (and after all, you wouldn't expect him to). But going by his criteria (especially whether the club has lost or gained after trade and draft), we have done very well indeed and can expect further success this season. Always provided that injuries don't wipe out our gains.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Quote Originally Posted by SwanSational74 View Post
    We finished 5th last year. I seriously doubt we'll slip up enough over the course of 2011 to fall out of finals contention entirely. I think we can do at least as well as we did last year, if not slightly better.
    Quote Originally Posted by top40 View Post
    Mike Sheahan is one Victorian scribe who actually does his homework, as well as realising that this a national competition.
    To be fair to Mike Sheahan, he will never tip us to finish out of the 8.

Every interview I have seen with him and Roos, Roos absolutely gave it to him. I think he tipped us to finish last in our premiership year.
    The eternal connundrum "what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object" was finally solved when David Hasselhoff punched himself in the face.

In all seriousness this is the team that despite the expectations of many, finished in 5th place.
    That is 5th place after a huge run of injuries to players
    The team obviously know that they belong on the top of the list, the fans know the Swans belong on the top of the list, if the Melbourne media are still a few paces (seasons?) behind well that is their issue and will just make the ?where did they come from?? expressions when we end up in the top 4 all the more enjoyable.

im sick of no bradshaw no sydney, by my reckoning he played 9 games last year, didnt we win 5? 55% then we won 9 of the other 15 60%?

even if im wrong, its not that different, he just ices the cake. I think we will finish top 4, i think we have the best depth we have had in a while
    Theres not much left to say

HS's predictions 6-10

Sydney | Herald Sun

What's the 6-10 reference Ugg?

Sheahan had some nice things to say. I agree with Jon Ralph about the unknown Roos-Kirk factor.

Are we really the David Haselhoff of the league?
    The man who laughs has not yet heard the terrible news

You have to scroll about 2/3 down the page and click on the Cover It Live section.

Actually it says 6-8

The Herald-Sun hasn't had any credibility for years. This article is a good example of the reasons for that. It is glossy, full of eye-catching graphics and little sidebars here and there like the one comparing us to David Hasselhoff, and when you look for some actual content, all you can find is some superficial piece of fluff about love and passion.

The whole paper - from its front page to its political coverage to its nauseating shock-jock opinion columnists to its sports coverage - is intellectual fairy floss. It is the newspaper equivalent of Sydney talkback radio.

And saddest of all: it's the top-selling paper in the country.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast