Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: NAB game on Sat Night

Quote Originally Posted by Hartijon View Post
    Acceptable win=7 goals
    Walkover =10+ goals
    It should be close to a walkover !
    It's a 40 minute game. The clinic Collingwood put on over Richmond was a walkover (7.8 v 1.1), but I agree with Liz that it's less about the scoreline and more about field play.
    10100111001 ;-)

McVeigh for Brownlow Site Admin RogueSwan's Avatar
    Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by hammo View Post
    He;s had injuries troubles, a hammy I think.

Great to have footy back. At least we should be guaranteed 2 weeks on TV before heading off to the country matches.
    I hope they are playing country matches by the third week as apparently Coffs Harbour is, according to the local paper, hosting a game in week 3. Swans v Lions sounds good.
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Veterans List
    Anyone know if there will be walk-up tickets?

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    This was in the Herald (not online )

The AFL is confident a sellout crowd of 10,000 will be at Blacktown tomorrow night for the AFL debut of Greater Western Sydney and the Gold Coast in their NAB Cup clash with the Swans. While there are still "some tickets available", an AFL spokesperson said yesterday they expect the crowd will be at capacity for the three matches. Last year when the Swans played Carlton in NAB Cup first-round clash at the Blacktown venue, a bumper crowd of 9732 attended the game.

All I can say is I won't be there live. God, I hate working weekends. Can't make it to the first premiership home game either.
    Red & White forever.

Quote Originally Posted by CJK View Post
    Can't get excited.

Bring back the North Sydney Oval game!
    Quote Originally Posted by giant View Post
    + 1
    +2

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    I think the scoreline / margin will be less of a telling factor than the degree to which the Swans control the game / dominate possession. I am expecting them to be rusty, so forays forward may not be particularly fluent. And of course we won't have a Bradshaw or White up there as a big FF target. My expectation is just that they never remotely look like losing the game.

Of course, I might be in for a nasty shock!
    Essendon just set the benchmark with their ten-goal flogging of LIons.
    The man who laughs has not yet heard the terrible news

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Does anyone have an idea of what guernseys the three teams will be wearing tomorrow? I would think the first choice guernseys of all involved clash to some degree

Does anyone wants to write a match report for RWO about tomorrow night's round-robin. It'd be great to have a story about our first confrontation with these two new teams. Please post here or PM me.
    The man who laughs has not yet heard the terrible news

Wait a sec, sell out crowd of 10 k - really? isnt that the giants homeground.. is there something in the works, or are they going to play stadium aus sometimes? scg's ours yeah

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Bleed Red Blood View Post
    Wait a sec, sell out crowd of 10 k - really? isnt that the giants homeground.. is there something in the works, or are they going to play stadium aus sometimes? scg's ours yeah
    Their home ground is going to be a redeveloped Showgrounds, I believe. With their "blockbusters" moved to ANZ. This ground is just meant to be their training facility.

I'm a bit confussed about the TV situation. Hardly any free to air in Syd/Newi/CC ? I thought the AFL was trying to promote these new teams? I'm going to have to visit my local club to watch the game and hope that there isn't any rugby fanatics hogging the TV's!!!! This is the ONLY time I wish I had FOX!

Pos.

Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast