Thread: Vale Peter Shipley

Commentary Team Captain BeeEmmAre's Avatar

Vale Peter Shipley

Sydney AFL - SportingPulse

Deep sadness has fallen on Bensons Lane and the entire Hawkesbury district this week, as Peter Shipley, the 'every man' of our fine club, lost his lengthy battle with lung cancer, and later pneumonia on Monday morning.

Peter was surrounded by his immediate family in Mt Druitt hospital and passed away peacefully at 0730.

One of the truly great men of footy taken far too soon.
    The Nor-West Football Club is blessed that he was a Jet and the entire Sydney AFL community is lucky he was a football man - we are all poorer for his passing.
    RIP Pete Shipley - the club will never be the same again.
    My sincerest thoughts go out to Jenny, Damo, Domma and the whole Shipley family.
    "It's up to the rest of the players in the room to make a new batch of premiership players next year," Adam Goodes, triple Bob Skilton Medallist, October 7, 2011.

YOU BETCHA!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BeeEmmAre View Post
    Sydney AFL - SportingPulse

One of the truly great men of footy taken far too soon.
    The Nor-West Football Club is blessed that he was a Jet and the entire Sydney AFL community is lucky he was a football man - we are all poorer for his passing.
    RIP Pete Shipley - the club will never be the same again.
    My sincerest thoughts go out to Jenny, Damo, Domma and the whole Shipley family.
    The toughest day of my life is ahead of me, and for every Saint and Jet that has played at Bensons Lane. The most selfless and generous man I've known, he was the one who paid upfront for my knee/leg op, and didn't want anything in return, and I owe him my life, with every step I take. We will lay him to rest with all the honour and respect a man like Pete deserves.

Vale Pete Shipley - Forever walkin down to Bensons Lane.......

Almost Football Legend
    A good football person, taken away too early. Condolences to his family and friends.

Follow me on Twitter - @tealfooty

Warming the Bench
    A very sad loss to Sydney footy and, in particular, to the Hawkesbury/Nor-West Jets AFC.

An extremely personable and down to earth individual, Peter (and Jenny) was the constant in among many others who came and went over many years at the club.

To put in the amount of service that he did in such a difficult area to promote the game of Australian Rules Football speaks volumes for his dedication, and belief in the game.

On top of all that, after a long season working so hard for his own club, you would invariably see him down at the SFA finals acting as timekeeper there. He simply loved his footy and was happy to contribute as much as he could.

I read somewhere that N-W Jets had named its First Grade B&F the Shipley Medal, that is a well-deserved honour for a great servant to the club.

Vale Peter. You won't be forgotten.