Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Pies match thread

Quote Originally Posted by RogueSwan View Post
    Who?
    Andrej Everett
    In memory of my little Staffy - Dicey, 17.06.2005 to 1.12.2011- I'll miss you mate.

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I think this will be Jude's last season.
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

The Swans should relocate Jude and Bevan down to Canverra now and save them the travelling time. Another mugpie goal attributed to Bolton.

Can somebody tell me why Mc Touppee became Captain??

Apart from that, an entertaining game and we can get back to preparing for next season. Fair result.

Very exciting watching the younger guys improving so much.
    In memory of my little Staffy - Dicey, 17.06.2005 to 1.12.2011- I'll miss you mate.

An entire pre-season and we still handball to the feet of our own players!

Only a pre season game but some of our older players look really slow.

Kennedy is going to have a big season.
    "As everyone knows our style of football is defensive and unattractive, and as such I have completely forgotten how to mark or kick over the years" - Brett Kirk

They reported Goodes is moving OK. Must have spotted a blonde in the crowd !

Even Stuey took a while to settle into Captaincy, about a year actually. He'll be fine.

Looking forward to watching replay at breakfast. Thanks for keeping me/us up to date though.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Drummoyne..INNER WEST BABY!! (Bay 29 SCG)
    Quote Originally Posted by stellation View Post
    I think this will be Jude's last season.
    Agreed.
    Official Driver Of The "Who Gives A @@@@ As The Player Will Get Delisted Anyway" Bandwagon.

Fandom of Fabulousness Lucky Knickers's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Final Score
    Pies 1 12 12 = 93
    Swans 1 10 10 = 79
    Bruce took the words right out of my mouth. Terrific game of footy.
    We seemed to lose our boldness in the final quarter. A hell of a lot to like though and if we play with the kind of dash we saw in Q2 and 3 we will be definitely be challenging all teams.
    Ready to go: JPK, Sumner, Bird, Rohan, Jack, McVeigh, LJ, Ted, Shaw, Goodes, Melcho, Handy Dan, ROK, Moore
    A little way to go: Seaby, Pike, Mattner, Everitt
    A way to go: Reid, TDL, Meredith, Jude

Veteran Site Admin
    Seemed to run out of legs in that final quarter, and the skills certainly suffered for it. Don't know how much of a factor it was, but we played in mid 30 degrees high humidity 6 days ago and the Pies haven't played for a fortnight.

Lots to work out yet in the forward line before the season starts. Goodes was terrific, and Moore and McGlynn lively but other than that it was a bit hapharzard. Guess a lot depends on where Bradshaw is with his game at the moment.

Definite overall highlight for me was Rohan's tackling. He came with a reputation of being a great tackler and we certainly got to see that tonight.

Went to the game tonight. Last time saw us play pies was at Vic Park.

Collingwood people smell and are feral. Sat in their area in the last quarter for a laugh.

Quick notes before bed.

- Bird looked great. One of the most evasive players I've seen. Amazing lateral movement and knows where the ball is.
    - JPK is incredible. Like an octopus in close.
    - We are a few outside players short
    - Not feeling much love for Brett Meredith and only slightly more for Everitt. Meredith used to have a beautiful kick. What happened?
    - Goodes, McGlynne, ROK were good
    - Reid, Johnstone both have a way to go yet. Johstone is a lazy forward and lacks strength. He's either going to play as a flanker in which case he needs to run harder and find space or a marking forward in which case he needs to bulk up
    - Quite nights for TDL and Jetta (second week in a row for both). Hannebery seemed quite too.

Overall, feeling pretty positive. We lost it because of some @@@@ handballs that hit people's toes at pivotal moments. Need to improve four quarter focus and outside players need to give more, but we're looking ok.
    He had observed that people who did lie were, on the whole, more resourceful and ambitious and successful than people who did not lie.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Just back from Etihad and a quick squiz at the thread. Agree with the positives people have picked out. It was a good hitout for us, and once we got the rust out of the system we were good to look at. Kennedy was terrific and Uncle was very impressive. Bird is not a runner, but what a pair of hands he has. Good to see Jetta on different players, including Thomas, whom he more than matched for pace if not always for positioning. There were no poor players despite a few clangers. The Pies were better on skills and more consistent, but if a couple of ump decisions had been different, and if we had not turned over the ball at one or two critical moments, the game could have gone the other way. Altogether an enjoyable and very encouraging Friday night at the footy.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Yay. We lost.
    Now we can forget about the ansett cup.
    Time to concentrate on the granny.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast