Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: Pies match thread

Warming the Bench Cant turn right's Avatar
    Just watching the replay now, such a good game for preparation for the season proper. I liked that the commentary in the pre-amble was focused on us for a change.

Quote Originally Posted by Cant turn right View Post
    Just watching the replay now, such a good game for preparation for the season proper. I liked that the commentary in the pre-amble was focused on us for a change.
    Even the commentators find it difficult to say something nice about the colliwobbles.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Went to the game and was very impressed with the way we played. For what it's worth, here is my summary.

Positives
    Gary Rohan continues to improve and his second half was very good. He has lightning pace, tackles hard and good skills. Would be damaging down back, but I think we would be best served having him in the forward line.

Reid & Johnston - Reid still needs a season or two of development, but looks like he'll blossom into a very good CHF. Although still young and hasn't played many games, LJ hasn't impressed me like Reid. I will reserve my judgment on LJ at this stage.

Our midfield will be our strength this year. Kennedy, Hanners, Jack, McVeigh, Goodes, ROK are all guns. With Mummy, Pyke and Seaby in the ruck we will get plenty of clearances. Based on Friday nights game and last weeks, I would have Pyke and ahead of Seaby. But that'll probably change in a few weeks.

Negatives
    Hate to say it, but I can't see Jude Bolton having much of an impact this season. He looked slow and lost on Friday night. Luke Ball ran away from him with ease and Ball is slow himself.

TDL will be important for us this season, but he needs to show a bit more courage. Not a fan of blokes who duck their head (did it right in front of me) and I hope he doesn't do it again.

Our forward line needs some structure. I'm looking forward to the return of Bradshaw and White into the forward line.

Can't see Bevan getting too many senior games, especially with the emergence of Sumner and with Nick Smith due to come back into the line-up.

With LRT, Nick Smith, C Bolts, Kennelly and Mumford to come back in, we are looking like a top 4 side.

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    Even the commentators find it difficult to say something nice about the colliwobbles.
    Then you clearly weren't watching and listening to the commentary!
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by stellation View Post
    Then you clearly weren't watching and listening to the commentary!
    I turned the commentary off - it was just excruciating. Course it made for fairly tense viewing conditions with my Pies-loving missus providing her own commentary but I've more practice at tuning out to her than to Bruce and Dennis.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678