Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Is Jesse White being kept as a secret weapon?

Suspended by the MRP

Snow Job

Too many "tough stickers"?
    Snow had better stop watching so much Miami stInk and start watching the footy --- more ink than a squid may not be helping?

Senior Player
    How did Jesse go the other night? Did I read somewhere he was playing down back?

I think, if you look at the score, it would have been dificult for Jesse to shine, there was not much activity down back in that game.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

On the Rookie List
    Quote Originally Posted by Primmy View Post
    I think, if you look at the score, it would have been dificult for Jesse to shine, there was not much activity down back in that game.
    I am starting to think that the match against the Suns was a mistake. We may in fact have got more out of an internal scratch match. By that I mean,we could have given Jesse a player like Goodes to try and spoil to see if he could be a defender. We could have found out how the other Swans who missed a game could have performed. Playing the Suns told us nothing about anyone really with the exception of Goodes.There is Goodes, a country mile,then everybody else! Well many of us knew that already.
    Let's hope the match against St Kilda will be a real workout in terms of team work and game plans and not just a fitness test.

Quote Originally Posted by Primmy View Post
    Quite a contrast to what was happening in Sydney that night!

PS Yes I know I need help but they'll have to catch me first.
    In memory of my little Staffy - Dicey, 17.06.2005 to 1.12.2011- I'll miss you mate.

On the Rookie List
    Quote Originally Posted by Hartijon View Post
    I am starting to think that the match against the Suns was a mistake. We may in fact have got more out of an internal scratch match. By that I mean,we could have given Jesse a player like Goodes to try and spoil to see if he could be a defender. We could have found out how the other Swans who missed a game could have performed. Playing the Suns told us nothing about anyone really with the exception of Goodes.There is Goodes, a country mile,then everybody else! Well many of us knew that already.
    Let's hope the match against St Kilda will be a real workout in terms of team work and game plans and not just a fitness test.
    We've been reasonably lucky to draw Saints and Collingwood in pre-season. You can see how playing lesser competition can mess with your level of intensity. Look at the first quarter against Collingwood (or event the loss to Suns in NAB cup after playing GWS).

On Jesse White, gotta love the guy. There's no other player I'd prefer to kick on than him this year. With Braddy coming and going, we need a forward target like him to be able to take that next step as a team.

I've always worried that if Jesse doesn't make it at the Swans he'll eventually get signed by Gold Coast. Local boy heading home ... you'd think he'd have to be in their sights wouldn't you? Anyone know anything I don't about why or why this won't happen?

Quote Originally Posted by andyn View Post
    I've always worried that if Jesse doesn't make it at the Swans he'll eventually get signed by Gold Coast. Local boy heading home ... you'd think he'd have to be in their sights wouldn't you? Anyone know anything I don't about why or why this won't happen?
    He's not very good?
    -

On the Rookie List
    Quote Originally Posted by CJK View Post
    He's not very good?
    nor were some of our boys who have been recycled only to come good. I guess if he doesn't come good with us it doesn't really matter where he goes! I just figured GC would be looking for anyone local

Quote Originally Posted by andyn View Post
    We've been reasonably lucky to draw Saints and Collingwood in pre-season. You can see how playing lesser competition can mess with your level of intensity. Look at the first quarter against Collingwood (or event the loss to Suns in NAB cup after playing GWS).

On Jesse White, gotta love the guy. There's no other player I'd prefer to kick on than him this year. With Braddy coming and going, we need a forward target like him to be able to take that next step as a team.

I have always liked Jesse especially when he throws his big frame around and crashes into the packs. However, I would also like to see Lewis Johnston kick on this year. Both of these players could be great back-ups for Bradshaw.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123