Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Nick Davis Academy of Kicking

Shees, all I wanted to know was whether or not my memory was correct when I thought he was part of the Academy, if so what area was he working out of, or whether the swans actually got him to take kicking classes for our mob!!!! Not a slag off.

And no matter that I am not a big fan of his, I agree with liz, he is not FIGJAM; he just has a very sardonic sense of humour.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

From the SMH April 7 2010.

"When Davis left the Swans, the then football manager Andrew Ireland told him about plans for the academy and asked whether he'd be interested in helping if it got off the ground. He was, and is now a part of the academy's first coaching team, and once again has been welcomed back into the Swans' fold.

''Maybe if I had played one or two more years, the relationship and the ending could have been worse than what it was,'' he said."

Relax girls, it was quite tongue-in-cheek and I think he had just the right ammount of arrogance to be a great player. It's such a shame he didn't seem as driven as guys Kirk or O'Keefe, he would still be winning games for us.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by stellation View Post
    I disagree; someone has to get the ball to him, but he has to execute.

Judd and Ablett are an interesting comparison in this instance, I assume you are saying that because they are midfielders that can win the ball? Keep in mind that 3 of the 4 came from stoppages- of those 3 I think you could say 2 the stoppage would be credited to Davo, and the other 1 was very similar to Judd breaking from a pack after getting a quick handball?
    I blame you for his demise. You are the one that kept saying play him as a midfielder. You raised the bar too high. You wanted him to be like Didak. He was just there to kick goals and to be a favourite. I will never forgive you Stella.

Senior Player
    Bar ruckmen whacking it straight through from a hit out, it'd tough to score unless someone has delivered the ball . As far as I am concerned Nick Davis got us to a Grandy which we won. Keep your petty KFC crap to yourselves.

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ROK Lobster View Post
    I blame you for his demise. You are the one that kept saying play him as a midfielder. You raised the bar too high. You wanted him to be like Didak. He was just there to kick goals and to be a favourite. I will never forgive you Stella.
    Bah! I just wanted him to play off half forward, but if he was going to play deep forward I wanted him to have longer midfield rotations. I just wanted someone kicking the ball long and straight into the forward line, instead of Kirky's 20 metre floaters.

I'll never forgive you for not getting to that reserves match and stopping that butcher, baker or candlestick maker buggering up his knee.
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Blog Entries
    If you had taught him how to fight, like you always said you would, he would not have got tossed around by the butcher/baker/candlestick maker.

So I take it none of NARFS can answer my somewhat simple question?
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Quote Originally Posted by royboy42 View Post
    Bar ruckmen whacking it straight through from a hit out, it'd tough to score unless someone has delivered the ball . As far as I am concerned Nick Davis got us to a Grandy which we won. Keep your petty KFC crap to yourselves.
    I liked Nick Davis. He could play and he was his own man. Didn't fit into the system in the end, but so what. How is the irony of certain people on this thread saying he had no sense of humour. Swish.
    He had observed that people who did lie were, on the whole, more resourceful and ambitious and successful than people who did not lie.

Quote Originally Posted by stellation View Post
    I disagree; someone has to get the ball to him, but he has to execute.

Judd and Ablett are an interesting comparison in this instance, I assume you are saying that because they are midfielders that can win the ball? Keep in mind that 3 of the 4 came from stoppages- of those 3 I think you could say 2 the stoppage would be credited to Davo, and the other 1 was very similar to Judd breaking from a pack after getting a quick handball?
    Spot on Stell! It stuns me that so many on here still don't give Dicky the credit he so rightly deserves for 2005

Quote Originally Posted by DeadlyAkkuret View Post
    Relax girls, it was quite tongue-in-cheek and I think he had just the right ammount of arrogance to be a great player. It's such a shame he didn't seem as driven as guys Kirk or O'Keefe, he would still be winning games for us.
    Hit the nail on the head there Deadly.

Quote Originally Posted by Primmy View Post
    So I take it none of NARFS can answer my somewhat simple question?
    To try and answer your question Primmy, my daughter works in Venue services at the SCG and has a little bit to do with AFLNSW, Roos and the academy. Dickie does work for the academy in some coaching capacity but isn't based at the SCG. She's not 100% sure but thinks he is based at Narrabeen or somewhere around there.

THANK you Jewels, a bit of sense at last. Much appreciated. I seem to remember Narrabeen in the dim (shutup) recesses of my mind as well.

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ROK Lobster View Post
    If you had taught him how to fight, like you always said you would, he would not have got tossed around by the butcher/baker/candlestick maker.
    I tried my best, but I think there's one thing that we've all learnt about Nick over the years; he's a lover, not a fighter.
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast