Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Sydney Swans Reserves v East Coast Eagles 19th March

Thank you ugg, thank you liz; that's been fantastic. I have inked next week onto my dance card, unless it looks like the cyclone you have loaded up above. Then I unashamedly whimp out.

Eugene probably felt he had to put on a show to prove the Swans had made a good decision taking him on. It will pass.

Glad to hear my project player Haren didn't disgrace me. I am fairly sure he is going to be a pain in the arse persistent player who just won't give up. I am about 4 years ahead of myself, but why not.

I also believe in Jesse. and Mike. and LJ. and Sam. Oh what the heck, all of them.

Oh and, were any of the senior coaches on deck? Or was the game being taped for future assessment?
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    I didn't see any of them but I've been told Longmire was there along with Roos.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    I didn't see any of them but I've been told Longmire was there along with Roos.
    Saw Longmire when I was leaving just after 3/4 time - Mattner, ROK and Teddy also in attendance of the seniors.

Very impressed with the talls especially given the conditions - White was the standout - lots of energy, lots of skill, lots of great team footy. Reid started well and LJ did some good things. There was one fabulous passage where Jesse got a good contested possession, flicked out a clever pass to LJ coming thru who brought it inside 50, then flicked it cleverly onto Reid who baulked and then...missed from 35m. Oh well, up to then it was a mouth-wateringly exciting passage of our exciting mobile talls. Pyke was the standout ruckman, and must have had about half a dozen ruck infringement frees that I saw. Currie was the exception of the talls; he appears to have hands made of cast iron.

Anyone tell me who 11 and 43 were?

PS all excitement needs to be tempered by a very ordinary opponent.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Thanks ugg, Liz, giant et al. "Great wok" indeed - made a meal of it? I don't think so! Even allowing for an inferior opponent it sounds as if there is nothing wrong with the attitude of our team and they did what they needed to do.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Fandom of Fabulousness Lucky Knickers's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Bradshaw was there with his posse of sons. Saw ROK with young Levi in tow. Melcho was there looking like a European hitman.
    11 is Lamb and 43 is Kruger.
    Stewie Maxfield seemed very happy with LJ and AJ.
    Echo Liz and Ugg's comments on White - he was scary in that first half.

Veteran Site Admin
    And 43 is Eugene, unless my memory is failing me.

On the senior player watch front, I also spotted Big Mummy sheltering from the rain under the bus stop.

A very eclectic crowd there today, apart from the RWO'ers, and the likes of those players and coaches (current and former) mentioned above, also spotted some interested parents, including Katrina Lee and David Murphy (in company with Dennis Carroll) watching their respective sons progress.

The official report from today was excellent, a big improvement from the standard fare of last year. Let's hope it continues for the rest of the Reserves' season

Swans Reserves too strong for East Coast - Official AFL Website of the Sydney Swans Football Club

Quote Originally Posted by unconfuseme View Post
    A very eclectic crowd there today, apart from the RWO'ers, and the likes of those players and coaches (current and former) mentioned above, also spotted some interested parents, including Katrina Lee and David Murphy (in company with Dennis Carroll) watching their respective sons progress.
    That's good. She and Mr Harry Potter never missed a game, often saw them year in and year out, so I am glad she is still very much involved now that Mr P passed.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Quote Originally Posted by Primmy View Post
    That's good. She and Mr Harry Potter never missed a game, often saw them year in and year out, so I am glad she is still very much involved now that Mr P passed.
    I think Mr Potter is still alive, there was a story in my local paper on him just a week or 2 ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Primmy View Post
    She and Mr Harry Potter never missed a game.... now that Mr P passed.
    I think Mr Potter is still alive...
    Shouldn't there be a spoiler alert, I haven't read the last book yet...
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

Veteran Site Admin
    The official report from today was excellent, a big improvement from the standard fare of last year. Let's hope it continues for the rest of the Reserves' season

Swans Reserves too strong for East Coast - Official AFL Website of the Sydney Swans Football Club
    I thought the same - I'd just assumed you wrote it for them.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast