Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: 2011 Swans Season Preview

Quote Originally Posted by Hartijon View Post
    His comments on depth is exactly what I was thinking is so different this season.We either wisely or through chance blooded enough players last season to have a bunch of guys in the Two's who can come up to cover injuries.I always thought last year was a rebuilding year and this year we could give it a real shake. Regardless of the Melbourne game the season won't hang on the result.the season will hang on how well we play every week and the quality of the team each week.Having good reserves means we can always field a quality side and win more than we lose. With a bit of good luck we could give it a shake this year.
    Completely agree! I also think the mixture we have between youth and experience is just about right. Add the excitement factor of players like Jetta, Rohan, Hanners etc and you have a season high on promise.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

On the Rookie List
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Al View Post
    Completely agree! I also think the mixture we have between youth and experience is just about right. Add the excitement factor of players like Jetta, Rohan, Hanners etc and you have a season high on promise.
    We gotta stop agreeing!

Quote Originally Posted by Hartijon View Post
    We gotta stop agreeing!
    I agree
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

Senior Player

Dont you just love the unbridled optimism of a new season !!!!

How can we be so good when the likes of Bevan , mattner, moore, white and richards are likely to be in the 22 on the weekend. I think Ive heard before that its not your best five players that necessarily win it for you, its the strength of your worst five. Based on that we are cactus according to many on this site with these perennial whipping boys in our team.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by swansrob View Post
    Is this code for "they know he's signed with GWS and they won't play him anymore"?

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple B View Post
    I agree
    I beg to differ, we should always agree.
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Goes up to 11
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Magoo View Post
    Dont you just love the unbridled optimism of a new season !!!!

How can we be so good when the likes of Bevan , mattner, moore, white and richards are likely to be in the 22 on the weekend. I think Ive heard before that its not your best five players that necessarily win it for you, its the strength of your worst five. Based on that we are cactus according to many on this site with these perennial whipping boys in our team.
    If they're our worst 5 I am so much more confident about this season. 4 out of the 5 are very experienced players whilst White is a very talented individual who may further develop into a top player. Compared to many other teams these guys stack up pretty well in my book.

Quote Originally Posted by Primmy View Post
    Maybe you are not confident enough.
    It's no so much lacking in confidence, just general wariness. I remember another occasion a couple of seasons ago when O'Keefe was quoted as saying the team had "belief"...and we promptly lost the following game.

He didn't say anything of concern. What do you want a player to say?

Rather see a player being confident than the other way around.
    I think it's best for players to leave team analysis to the coaches, and stick to basic comments like "can't wait to get out there, we're gonna have a real crack at them" etc, etc. That's much safer than letting the other side know we fancy our chances against them. Things like that can end up motivating the other side.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheer Squad View Post
    I think it's best for players to leave team analysis to the coaches, and stick to basic comments like "can't wait to get out there, we're gonna have a real crack at them" etc, etc. That's much safer than letting the other side know we fancy our chances against them. Things like that can end up motivating the other side.
    To be honest I'm sick of the cliche riddled crap we get from players these days. Be nice if we got players saying what they think for a change. Last week in the NRL we had a Penrith player come out and say that he hated Parramatta. Absolutely loved it. Penrith went on to smash Parra so the remark certainly didn't motivate Parramatta at all.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

To be honest I'm sick of the cliche riddled crap we get from players these days. Be nice if we got players saying what they think for a change. Last week in the NRL we had a Penrith player come out and say that he hated Parramatta. Absolutely loved it. Penrith went on to smash Parra so the remark certainly didn't motivate Parramatta at all.
    Well, if O'Keefe comes out before the Collingwood game and says something similar, you won't get any disagreement from me. That sort of "red meat" comment from the players is fine.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234