Thread: Team selection - dilemma for fantasy coaches...

Team selection - dilemma for fantasy coaches...

I note that the sides named last night for Carlton-Richmond do not designate which player will be the substitute. With only 3 and not 4 interchange players, bench players will get more time on the field these days and u are better placed than in previous years to get value from players starting as interchangers.

But, if they are the sub....
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    What's even worse is that the sub can come from any of the 22, not just the 4 named on the interchange on the Thursday (or in this week's case Wednesday) night.

Blog Entries
    I think this will be my last year in these comps.
    Getting too complicated.

I see in one of the articles today where Hird say's something along the lines of 'We have until 90 minutes before the game to decide' when talking about who will be the substitute.

I guess that's the answer then...
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
    I think this will be my last year in these comps.
    Getting too complicated.
    It'll be simpler next year as there won't be the bye, which I think is a bigger obstacle.

The sub can also work to advantage. A player coming back from injury, etc, might be a sub for a couple of weeks to run in properly (Luke Hodge thought he might be the sub for Round 1, for example). In that case his price will be driven down by low scores, making him a cheap buy when he comes off the sub and starts playing more minutes.

Similarly certain players might be "sub-specials", and knowingly steered away from as they will be perrenial low scorers. I think it's best to keep an ear to the ground (or on the news sites) to see who might be the sub each week. Granted it's harder at the start because we don't know a lot about how this rule will be played out by the clubs, but it's not the end of the world. After all, for Sunday/Monday games we only get an extended bench and that involves guesswork as to who is playing as well.
    10100111001 ;-)

Kane Lucas as the sub. @@@@!