Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Official Round 1 Thread - Pre-match & post-match discussion

Quote Originally Posted by The Student View Post
    I don't know what was more satisfying - the seniors beating the Eagles by a couple with Dougy kicking a handful or our third grade side doing the heroes from Nor-West. It's a toss up.
    if you cant decide whether a premier division win is more satisfying than a third grade win then you qualify for redandwhite posting status...

Wins in Premier Division are the most satisfying of all... but I am sure that the boys out at the Eagles would consider a premiership even more satisfying. Dougmore would be the most satisfied of all as he has both, and a university degree as well.

Quote Originally Posted by northernspy View Post
    if you cant decide whether a premier division win is more satisfying than a third grade win then you qualify for redandwhite posting status...

Wins in Premier Division are the most satisfying of all... but I am sure that the boys out at the Eagles would consider a premiership even more satisfying. Dougmore would be the most satisfied of all as he has both, and a university degree as well.
    Yeah, thought the same myself. Pretty sure I'd be more focused on a Prems win. Unless you were the bloke in the pretty blazer.

That was a cardigan, thank you very much.

Good start to the season for Penrith with a win over last years Div 3 premiers, Moorebank at Monarch. Certainly not calling it revenge for the Rams grand final loss to the Pies as nothing replaces a GF win. Was tight throughout with penrith Running away in the last quarter.
    be an interesting match next week against Sydney Uni who downed the jets in a close one on the weekend. I wonder if the students will be dropping many from their side that won on the weekend...Wouldn't surprise me with Uni having the bye in PD and Div 1. But as Stdent says, they just want to give everyone a game

Happy with the Penrith 18's in their loss in their first Prem Cup match against Penno. Down 6 goals after the first quarter, they didn't throw in the towel and finally went down by 33. They'll have tougher games but confident they will be competitive in most matches.

Rams also tasted success in the Div 4 clash against 2010 grand finalists, Moorebank in a heartstopping win in the 80th minute after being behind all match. Should go close to finals footy this year.

Well done to Campbelltown on their Div 3 win against Mac Uni also. Thought the Warriors would run all over them. Looking at Towns list, they certainly seem to have some depth this year with a few well known players in that division

Quote Originally Posted by ShortHalfHead View Post
    I wonder if the students will be dropping many from their side that won on the weekend...Wouldn't surprise me with Uni having the bye in PD and Div 1. But as Stdent says, they just want to give everyone a game
    I've only been at Uni for four years, so make of it what you will, but I'm yet to encounter a stacking of the nature you're implying.

Well done to Campbelltown on their Div 3 win against Mac Uni also. Thought the Warriors would run all over them. Looking at Towns list, they certainly seem to have some depth this year with a few well known players in that division

Town's Prem Div side did have the bye though....we'll see how their two's line up next week

Almost Football Legend
    This week's RedAndWhiteOnline wrap of the weekend's action is online - featuring pics and coverage of the East Coast v Sydney Uni match.

Follow me on Twitter - @tealfooty

Quote Originally Posted by Shotties View Post
    I've only been at Uni for four years, so make of it what you will, but I'm yet to encounter a stacking of the nature you're implying.
    I apologise. Absolutely out of line with my comment. Especially now I have your assurance.

Unfortunately this year, with PD and Div 1 having byes, it is possibly open to abuse.

Senior Player
    I apologise. Absolutely out of line with my comment. Especially now I have your assurance.

Unfortunately this year, with PD and Div 1 having byes, it is possibly open to abuse.
    Why appologise mate and Shotties it has most certainly happened in the time you have been at the club - just ask my boys, the blokes from Parra and the boys from Balmain what happened three years ago. Having said that weve moved on as has the person from SU responsible.

Tara, Why ask them when I can just ask you? What happened with you, Parra and Balmain three years ago?

Edit: Can't be bothered.
    Very droll.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Shotties View Post
    Tara, Why ask them when I can just ask you? What happened with you, Parra and Balmain three years ago? I certainly do recall a match between our thirds and Moorebank a few years ago, though for different reasons. If it's regarding wholesale stacking of a team, may I ask who from the firsts dropped back from firsts to the thirds?

Very droll.
    I think youll find it was the same weekend and as you know we dealt with the cause of your memories very swiftly. As for first to the thirds I never said anything about that, but you will notice it was the first and last time the league had a big gala weekend with PD all on one weekend and the rest of the grades one week later, they have also introduced restrictions on how many grades you can drop back and not being able to play 1's on Sat and 2's on Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by tara View Post
    As for first to the thirds I never said anything about that
    SHH made a remark about our firsts and ressies having a week off with a direct implication of stacking from the above two grades. I said I hadn't seen anything like that occurring whilst I was at the club, you replied that it most certainly had.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast