Thread: Where do Swans fans in Newcastle go to watch the game?

On the Rookie List

Where do Swans fans in Newcastle go to watch the game?

I live in Newcastle and am looking for somewhere to watch the away games on the big screen... anyone got any suggestions....

Don't know of anywhere up that way.

Apart from investing in one for your own place. I have a huge TV and it is worth the money.
    In memory of my little Staffy - Dicey, 17.06.2005 to 1.12.2011- I'll miss you mate.

Sweet home Novacastria
    I've never heard of an organised place where fans congregate for matches, thoguh it may happen (i've been out of Newcastle for 4.5 years now). With the Knights playing tomorrow you will find it difficult to find anywhere that will be showing it.

I have heard the Premier on 9 ways at Broadmeadow show the games, however as far as I know they don't have a big screen as such.

Wests would probably at least have a TV showing it somewhere.

For Saturday Night games your best bet would be going to a Pub that sponsors one of the local AFL clubs. While they might not all be Swans fans, being the most local team the Swans are generally pretty well supported. At least you will be around AFL fans rather than the no necks. Cardiff's Pub is The Shaft Tavern in Elermore Vale. I think Newcastle City are at the Albion near the marina. Lake Macquarie are at the Teralba Bowling Club and I'm not sure where Warners Bay go.

On the Rookie List
    Thanks guys, I'll try the Albion in Wickham. Go the swannies!